PT Pro-Control Plus Total Release Pressurized InsecticideThis page contains information on PT Pro-Control Plus Total Release Pressurized Insecticide for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- PT Pro-Control Plus Total Release Pressurized Insecticide Indications
- Warnings and cautions for PT Pro-Control Plus Total Release Pressurized Insecticide
- Direction and dosage information for PT Pro-Control Plus Total Release Pressurized Insecticide
PT Pro-Control Plus Total Release Pressurized InsecticideThis treatment applies to the following species:
One 6 oz can treats up to 5,000 cubic feet of unobstructed space (25 feet x 25 feet x 8 feet)
KILLS: Ants, Black Carpet Beetles, Crickets, Earwigs, Fleas, Gnats, Hornets, Houseflies, Mosquitoes, Pillbugs, Rice Weevils, Roaches, Saw-Toothed Grain Beetles, Silverfish, Small Flying Moths, Spiders, Ticks, Wasps, and Yellowjackets
Technical Piperonyl butoxide*
*Equivalent to minimum 0.8% (butylcarbityl) (6-propylpiperonyl) ether and maximum 0.2% related compounds.
EPA Reg. No. 499-462
EPA Est. No. 7969-MO-1
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Si usted no entiende la etiqueta, busque a alguien para que se la explique a usted en detalle. (If you do not understand the label, find someone to explain it to you in detail.)
Refer to full label for First Aid, Precautionary Statements, Directions For Use, Conditions of Sale and Warranty, and state-specific use site restrictions.
In case of an emergency endangering life or property involving this product, call day or night 1-800-832-HELP (4357).
If on skin
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 to 20 minutes
● Call a poison control center or a doctor for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact BASF Corporation for emergency medical treatment information: 1-800-832-HELP (4357).
Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals
CAUTION. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Breathing spray mist may be harmful. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Applicators, and other handlers must wear the following:
● long-sleeve shirt
● long pants
● shoes and socks
● chemical resistant gloves made of barrier laminate or butyl rubber ≥ 14 mills
User Safety Requirements
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry. Discard clothing and other absorbent materials that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this product’s concentrate. DO NOT reuse them.
USER SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
● Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
● Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
Physical Or Chemical Hazards
Extremely Flammable. Keep away from fire, sparks and heated surfaces. Contents under pressure. DO NOT use or store near heat or open flame. DO NOT puncture or incinerate container. Exposure to temperatures above 130°F may cause bursting. This product contains a highly flammable ingredient. It may cause a fire or explosion if not used properly. Follow the “Directions for Use” on the label very carefully.
Highly Flammable Ingredient
Ingrediente Altamente Inflamable
Directions For Use
It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING
Use for insect infestations in: Apartments, Attics, Basements, Buses, Cabins, Campers, Food Handling Establishments, Garages, Hospitals*, Hotels, Houses, Kennels, Motels, Nursing Homes*, Office Buildings, Railroad Cars, Schools*, Sheds, Ships, Storage Areas, Truck Trailers, Warehouses, Zoos
* See Use Restrictions for further information regarding these sites.
● DO NOT apply this product in a way that will contact adults, children, or pets either directly or through drift. Remove pets, birds, and cover fish aquariums before use.
● DO NOT allow adults, children, or pets to enter until vapors, mists, and aerosols have dispersed and the treated area has been thoroughly ventilated.
● DO NOT apply this product that will contact workers or other persons either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application.
● DO NOT enter or allow others to enter until vapors, mists, and aerosols have dispersed and the treated area has been thoroughly ventilated.
● DO NOT apply directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to storm sewers, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur. DO NOT allow the product to enter any drain during or after application.
● Not for use in outdoor residential misting systems.
● DO NOT remain in enclosed area after use. Stay out of room being treated for at least 2 hours. Ventilate enclosed area before returning.
● Does not control bed bugs.
● In Homes: Cover all food processing surfaces, dishes and utensils in the treatment area or wash thoroughly before use. DO NOT use in serving areas while food is exposed.
● Remove pets and birds, cover and turn off fish aquariums before spraying.
● In Food Areas of Food Handling Establishments: DO NOT make space spray applications when facility is in operation. DO NOT contaminate food or feedstuffs. Prior to space spray applications, cover or remove food. Prior to space spray applications, cover food processing surfaces, and clean after treatment or before use. DO NOT use in serving areas (dining areas where prepared foods are served) while food is exposed or facility is in operation. Serving areas are areas where prepared foods are served such as dining rooms but excluding areas where foods may be prepared or held. Nonfood/feed areas are areas such as garbage rooms, lavatories, floor drains (to sewers), entries and vestibules, offices, locker rooms, machine rooms, boiler rooms, garages, closets, and storage (after canning or bottling).
● In Hospitals and Nursing Homes: DO NOT apply this product in any rooms while occupied by patients, the elderly or infirm.
● In Schools: DO NOT apply to classrooms when in use.
TO USE THIS PRODUCT CORRECTLY
DO NOT use more than 1 fogger per room.
DO NOT use in small, enclosed spaces such as closets, cabinets or under counters or tables.
Use of a fogger in an enclosed space may cause the product to explode, resulting in injury to people or damage to property.
DO NOT use in a room 5 feet x 5 feet or smaller; instead, allow fog to enter from other rooms.
Before You Fog:
Open cabinets, cupboards, drawers, closets and doors in areas to be treated.
Remove or cover exposed foods, drinking water, dishes, utensils, food processing equipment and surfaces.
Remove pets and birds, cover and turn off fish aquariums before spraying. Turn off air flow systems in aquariums.
Cover waxed wood floors, waxed furniture and stereo or other plastic dust covers in the immediate area surrounding the fogger (newspaper may be used).
Close outside doors and windows.
Turn off ALL ignition sources such as pilot lights (shut off gas valves), other open flames or running electrical appliances that cycle off and on (i.e., refrigerator, thermostats, etc.).
Call your gas utility or management company if you need assistance with your pilot lights.
OPEN cabinets, cupboards, drawers, closets and doors in areas to be treated. REMOVE or cover exposed foods, dishes, utensils, food processing equipment and surfaces. REMOVE pets and birds; cover fish aquariums before application. Turn off air flow systems in fish tanks. COVER waxed floors, waxed furniture and stereo or other plastic dust covers in the immediate area surrounding the fogger (newspaper may be used).
CLOSE all windows and doors. Place a chair, table or stand in the center of the room to be fogged. Cover with several layers of newspaper, paper towels or plastic tarps.
Tilt actuator AWAY from face (container sprays straight up).
Press tab down in locked position.
To Start Fogging:
Place a chair, table or stand in the center of the room to be fogged. Cover with several layers of newspaper, paper towels or plastic tarp.
Set fogger on covered stand and disperse in all locations contacting as many insects as possible. Immediately leave treated area. Keep treated area closed for at least 2 hours. Open and thoroughly ventilate treated areas for at least 30 minutes before reoccupying.
Shake Well Before Using. Tilt can AWAY from face (container sprays straight up). Press tab down in locked position to initiate application. Set fogger on covered stand.
Vacate the treated house, individual apartment unit or other structure immediately. DO NOT reenter for 2 hours.
Wait 2 hours after application (until aerosols and vapors have dispersed), then ventilate the treated area by opening windows, vents and doors for 2 hours. If an odor is still detected, additional ventilation is required.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
DO NOT contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
Store in a cool, dry area away from heat or open flame and inaccessible to children.
Wastes resulting from use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility. If these wastes cannot be disposed of according to label instructions, contact your State Pesticide or Environmental Control Agency, or the Hazardous Waste representatives at the nearest EPA Regional Office for guidance.
DO NOT puncture or incinerate! If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling, if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
In Case Of Emergency
In case of large-scale spill of this product, call:
● CHEMTREC 1-800-424-9300
● BASF Corporation 1-800-832-HELP (4357)
In case of medical emergency regarding this product, call:
● Your local doctor for immediate treatment
● Your local poison control center (hospital)
● BASF Corporation 1-800-832-HELP (4357)
Door Knob Tag language:
DO NOT enter until [space for time] on [space for date]. Fill out and place hang-tag on the door to the treated area to alert family and others with access to the treated area not to enter for [X] hours.
Conditions of Sale and Warranty
The Directions For Use of this product reflect the opinion of experts based on field use and tests. The directions are believed to be reliable and must be followed carefully. However, it is impossible to eliminate all risks inherently associated with the use of this product. Ineffectiveness or other unintended consequences may result because of such factors as environmental conditions, presence of other materials, or use of the product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling, all of which are beyond the control of BASF CORPORATION (“BASF”) or the Seller. To the extent consistent with applicable law, all such risks shall be assumed by the Buyer. BASF warrants that this product conforms to the chemical description on the label and is reasonably fit for the purposes referred to in the Directions For Use, subject to the inherent risks, referred to above. TO THE EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW: (A) BASF MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY, (B) BUYER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND BASF’S AND SELLER’S EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPAYMENT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT, AND (C) BASF AND THE SELLER DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR HANDLING OF THIS PRODUCT. BASF and the Seller offer this product, and the Buyer and User accept it, subject to these Conditions of Sale and Warranty which may be varied only by agreement in writing signed by a duly authorized representative of BASF.
Pro-Control and PT are registered trademarks of BASF.
Contains no CFCs or other ozone depleting substances.
Federal regulations prohibit CFC propellants in aerosols.
© 2017 BASF Corporation
All rights reserved.
Based on: NVA 2017-04-470-0043
Supersedes: NVA 2013-04-470-0336
BASF Corporation, 26 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
We create chemistry
Net Contents: 6 ounces
26 DAVIS DR., P.O. BOX 13528, RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC, 27709-3528
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-11-27