Poulvac ST (Canada)This page contains information on Poulvac ST for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Poulvac ST Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Poulvac ST
- Direction and dosage information for Poulvac ST
Poulvac STThis treatment applies to the following species:
Salmonella Typhimurium Vaccine
For Veterinary Use Only
This vaccine is recommended for mass administration to healthy chickens, as an aid in the reduction of Salmonella enteritidis, Salmonella heidelberg or Salmonella typhimurium colonization of the internal organs, including the intestines and ceca. This vaccine is only approved for use in broilers being raised for meat purposes.
Store this vaccine at not over 7°C (45°F).
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
This vaccine is recommended for use at 1 day of age by spray. A second dose should be given at 2 weeks of age in the drinking water.
For spray vaccination
1. Remove seal and stopper. Half-fill with cool, distilled water. Replace stopper and shake until dissolved.
2. Pour rehydrated vaccine into a clean container and add cool, distilled water to dilute the vaccine as indicated for your specific coarse spray vaccination machine. For example, use a total of 500 mL of water per 5,000 doses of vaccine. Mix thoroughly.
3. Administer at a rate of one dose of prepared vaccine per bird.
For drinking-water administration
1. Discontinue use of medications or sanitizing agents (such as chlorine) in the drinking water 24 hours before vaccinating. Do not resume use for 24 hours following vaccination.
2. Provide enough waterers so two-thirds of the birds may drink at one time. Scrub waterers with fresh, clean, non-chlorinated water and drain dry. Do not give vaccine water through medication tanks.
3. Turn off automatic waterers 2 to 4 hours before vaccinating so that the only available water is the vaccine water.
4. Remove seal and stopper. Half-fill with clean, cool non-chlorinated water. Replace stopper and shake until dissolved.
5. Use a clean container two-thirds filled with cool, clean, non-chlorinated water. Add dried milk at a rate of 28 g (1 ounce) per 9.5 liters (2.5 gallons).
6. Add the rehydrated vaccine. Stir thoroughly, and add water to make final mixture at a rate of 5,000 doses per 47.5 liters (12.5 US gallons).
7. Give one dose of vaccine per bird, distributing the final volume of (vaccine) water evenly among the clean waterers. Do not place the waterers in direct sunlight.
8. Resume regular water administration only after all the vaccine water has been consumed.
If possible, vaccinate all susceptible birds on the premises at the same time. For 10 to 14 days after vaccinating, avoid carrying vaccine particles on shoes, clothing, etc., into areas where there are unvaccinated birds. Although there are no known safety risks to humans handling or administering this live vaccine, it is advisable to take precautions such as wearing a mask and gloves. While no risks specific to immunocompromised individuals have been shown, as an additional precaution, these individuals are advised not to mix or administer this vaccine and not to be present while this vaccine is being aerosolized.
Do not deprive birds of water in extremely hot weather.
Any potential interference with concurrent vaccination with other poultry vaccines has not been evaluated.
Vaccination with the product may interfere with results of pullorum-typhoid testing.
This product is nonreturnable.
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
16,740 TRANS-CANADA HIGHWAY, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Technical Services Canada:||800-461-0917|
|Technical Services USA:||800-366-5288|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-11-27