Poulvac Bursaplex (Canada)This page contains information on Poulvac Bursaplex for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Poulvac Bursaplex Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Poulvac Bursaplex
- Direction and dosage information for Poulvac Bursaplex
Poulvac BursaplexThis treatment applies to the following species:
Directions For Use
Bursal Disease Vaccine
Bursaplex is for vaccination of healthy chickens as an aid in preventing infectious bursal disease. It is recommended for subcutaneous injection of chickens at one day of age or in ovo vaccination of 18- to 19-day-old, embryonated chicken eggs using the Embrex® Inovoject® System. It is essential that the birds be maintained under good environmental conditions and that exposure to disease viruses be reduced as much as possible. Bursaplex is a virus-antibody complex vaccine that contains a live strain of bursal disease virus derived from chicken embryo in conjunction with bursal disease antiserum.
Poulvac Bursaplex Cautions
Use only in localities where permitted.
Use only in flocks with a history of infectious bursal disease.
This vaccine may be combined only with Zoetis Inc.’s Marek’s Disease Vaccine, Serotypes 2 and 3, Live Virus.
Keep out of reach of children.
Rehydration of Vaccine
1. Dilute the vaccine only as directed while observing aseptic technique and precautions for safe handling.
2. For each 1,000 doses of vaccine to be administered by subcutaneous injection, use 200 mL of sterile diluent.
3. For each 4,000 doses of vaccine to be administered in ovo, at 0.05 mL/egg (50 µL/egg), use 200 mL of sterile diluent.
4. Using a 20-mL sterile syringe and an 18-gauge x 1.5” needle, rehydrate only the vials of vaccine that are to be used immediately.
5. Aseptically transfer enough diluent to the vial containing the lyophilized virus to fill it about 3/4 full. Shake the contents gently until the vaccine is evenly suspended.
6. Aseptically remove the virus suspension from the vial and combine into the remaining diluent. Thoroughly mix the vaccine and diluent by massaging and inverting. Use immediately.
In ovo Administration
Before initiating in ovo vaccination, carefully read and follow the Embrex Inovoject System operator’s manual. Failure to follow instructions may result in personal injury and embryonic morbidity/mortality. Only healthy embryonated eggs should be vaccinated.
1. Sanitize the Embrex Inovoject System before and after use.
2. Inject a 0.05-mL dose into each embryonated egg.
3. Use the entire contents of the vaccine container within one hour after mixing.
Subcutaneous Injection Method
Important: Sterilize vaccinating equipment by autoclaving 15 minutes at 121°C or by boiling in water for 20 minutes. Never allow any chemical disinfectant to come in contact with vaccinating equipment.
1. Use a sterile automatic syringe with a 20-22 gauge, 3/8-1/2” needle, set to accurately deliver 0.2 mL. Check accuracy of delivery several times throughout vaccination.
2. Hold the chicken by the back of the neck, just below the head. The skin in this area is raised by gently pinching with the thumb and forefinger. Insert the needle beneath the skin directing it away from the head. Inject 0.2 mL per chick and avoid hitting muscles and bones in the neck.
3. Use entire contents of the vaccine within one hour of mixing.
Store at 2°-7°C (35°-45°F). Do not freeze.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Burn containers and all unused contents.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Contains gentamicin as preservative.
Do not vaccinate diseased embryonated eggs or birds.
Administer a full dose to each embryonated egg or to each bird.
Exposure to disease must be minimized as much as possible.
For veterinary use only.
Notice: Bursaplex has met the regulations of the USDA in regard to safety, purity, potency, and the capability to protect normally susceptible chickens. This vaccine has been tested by the Master Seed immunogenicity test for efficacy.
The ability of this vaccine to produce satisfactory results may depend on many factors, including but not limited to conditions of storage and handling by the user; administration of the vaccine; health and responsiveness of individual chickens; and the degree of exposure. Therefore, directions for use should be followed carefully. The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
This vaccine in non-returnable
Federal regulations prohibit the repacking or sale of the contents of this carton in fractional units.
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 190
10 x 2000 Doses
NAC No.: 1198491.0
16,740 TRANS-CANADA HIGHWAY, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Technical Services Canada:||800-461-0917|
|Technical Services USA:||800-366-5288|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Poulvac Bursaplex information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-02-26