Poulvac Bron GA08This page contains information on Poulvac Bron GA08 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Poulvac Bron GA08 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Poulvac Bron GA08
- Direction and dosage information for Poulvac Bron GA08
Poulvac Bron GA08This treatment applies to the following species:
Georgia Type, Live Virus
For Veterinary Use Only
Use entire contents when first opened.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Gentamicin is added as a preservative.
Poulvac Bron GA08 Caution
Burn containers and all unused contents.
This live virus vaccine contains a modified strain of Georgia 08 Infectious Bronchitis Virus. The virus is grown in chicken embryos and combined with stabilizing agents.
INDICATIONS FOR USE: For vaccination of healthy chickens at 1 day of age or older by the coarse spray route of administration as an aid in the reduction of disease caused by Georgia 2008 Type infectious bronchitis virus.
VACCINATION PROGRAMS: Many factors must be considered in determining the proper vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive chickens held in a proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the chickens and their immune status. Seldom does one vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter. For these reasons a program of periodic revaccination may be required.
PRECAUTIONS: ONLY VACCINATE HEALTHY CHICKENS
Consult your poultry pathologist for further recommendations based on conditions existing in your area at any given time.
Chickens should not be placed on contaminated premises. Exposure should be avoided immediately after vaccination, because it takes up to 10 days to develop resistance.
All susceptible chickens on the same premises should be vaccinated at the same time. If this is not possible, then strict isolation and separate caretakers should be employed for non-vaccinated units. Efforts should be taken to reduce stress conditions at the time the vaccine is administered.
WarningCare should be exercised to prevent contaminating your hands, eyes and clothing with the vaccine.
PREPARATION OF THE VACCINE:
COARSE SPRAY ADMINISTRATION
1. Assemble the vaccine and equipment needed to vaccinate the entire flock at one time.
2. Do not open and mix the vaccine until ready to use.
3. Wear protective clothing when withdrawing vaccine from liquid nitrogen refrigerator; protect hands with gloves, wear long sleeves, and use a face mask or goggles.
4. Before opening liquid nitrogen refrigerator, prepare a clean, wide-mouthed container with a capacity of 1 to 5 gallons (3.8-19 liters). Half-fill this thawing container with water 27°C (80°F).
5. When withdrawing a cane of vials from the liquid-nitrogen refrigerator, expose only the vial to be used immediately. When removing a vial from the cane, hold palm of gloved hand away from face and body. Dilute only 1 vial at a time. Immediately replace cane with remaining vials into the canister in the liquid nitrogen refrigerator.
6. Place the vial into prepared thawing container. The frozen material thaws rapidly. When thawed, towel-dry vial.
7. The vials are pre-scored below the gold band. Before snapping off the top portion, wrap vial with a cloth, holding the top part away from face and body.
8. For spray vaccination, use 70 mL diluent (cool clean, nonchlorinated water) per 1,000 doses of vaccine. For example: 1,000 doses of vaccine - 70 mL diluent; 20,000 doses of vaccine - 1400 mL of diluent.
9. Using a sterile mixing syringe with a 1 1/2-inch (3.8 cm) 18-gauge needle, draw up a small amount of diluent. Then draw the contents from the vaccine vial into the syringe and swirl gently. Insert needle into diluent container and slowly expel contents of syringe. Mix well by gently swirling the container. Withdraw a small amount of the diluted vaccine and use to rinse each vial injecting the rinses back into the diluted vaccine. The vaccine is ready for use.
10. The vaccine is then added to the pressure tank reservoir of the spray apparatus. Each 100 chicks should receive 7 mL of vaccine solution. Full directions for use of the Spray Cabinet are available from the company.
Poulvac Bron GA08 Caution
The capacity of this vaccine to produce satisfactory results depends on many factors, including but not limited to conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual animals and degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions for use should be followed carefully. The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Store in the vapor or liquid phase of liquid nitrogen. Dilute before using.
Take all precautionary measures, including the use of gloves and face shield or goggles, to avoid potential hazards of handling liquid nitrogen and the possibility of explosion of glass vials as they are taken from the liquid-nitrogen refrigerator or canister or holding cane, or as they are placed in the thawing container. When removing the vial from the cane, hold palm of the gloved hand away from face and body. Before using this vaccine, be certain to read directions.
Having cautioned the user concerning the handling of liquid nitrogen and the possibility of explosion of glass ampules as they are removed from the nitrogen or holding cane, or when placed in the thawing container, and having no control over the safety measures taken other than cautioning against possible dangers, Zoetis Inc. shall not be responsible for personal injury and/or property damage resulting from said handling and/or the possibility of explosion.
This product is nonreturnable.
5 x 1000 doses
5 x 5000 doses
5 x 10,000 doses
5 x 20,000 doses
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
NAC No.: 3690378.1
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Poulvac Bron GA08 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-01-22