Poulvac AeroThis page contains information on Poulvac Aero for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Poulvac Aero Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Poulvac Aero
- Direction and dosage information for Poulvac Aero
Poulvac AeroThis treatment applies to the following species:
B1 Type, B1 Strain, Mass Type, Live Virus
For Veterinary Use Only
Federal regulations prohibit the repackaging or sale of the contents of the carton in fractional units. Do not accept if seal is broken.
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy chickens 1 day of age or older against Newcastle disease and infectious bronchitis virus, Massachusetts type. Duration of immunity has not been established. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Store at 2°-8°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze. Use entire contents when first opened. Inactivate unused contents before disposal. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter. Contains gentamicin as a preservative. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
DIRECTIONS FOR COARSE SPRAY VACCINATION OF HEALTHY DAY-OLD CHICKS
1. Remove seal from vial of vaccine.
2. Remove the stopper and half-fill vial with cool, distilled water.
3. Replace stopper and shake until vaccine is in solution.
4. Pour rehydrated vaccine into a clean container and add cool, distilled water to dilute the vaccine as indicated for your specific coarse spray vaccination machine. For example, with a machine that dispenses 10 mL to a box of 100 chickens, use a total of 1,000 mL of cool, distilled water per 10,000 doses of vaccine. Shake thoroughly.
5. The vaccine is now ready for use.
1. Use prepared vaccine in a coarse spray vaccination machine following machine manufacturer’s instructions so as to administer at a rate of one dose of prepared vaccine per bird.
2. Add the vaccine solution to reservoir on the machine.
3. Prime and adjust the machine as instructed in manual accompanying the specific machine.
4. Place boxes holding 100 chickens each on the conveyor belt of the machine. Activate spray head.
Poulvac Aero Caution
1. Vaccinate only healthy chickens. Although disease may not be evident, coccidosis, Mycoplasma infection, infectious bursal disease, Marek’s disease, reovirus infection and other disease conditions may cause complications or reduce immunity.
2. Efforts should be taken to reduce stress conditions at the time of vaccination and during the reaction period.
3. Do not spill or splash the vaccine.
PrecautionsNewcastle Disease Vaccine virus is capable of causing mild, irritating eye infection in humans, lasting about 3 days. Do not allow vaccine to contact the eyes.
CAUTION: This product should be stored, transported and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions. The use of this vaccine is subject to state laws, wherever applicable.
RECORDS: Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination takes place and any reactions observed.
Technical inquiries should be directed to Zoetis Inc. Veterinary Services, (888) 963-8471.
THIS PRODUCT IS NONRETURNABLE
VLN 190/PCN 1761.18
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
10 x 10,000 Doses
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30