PetPrevea Advanced for Dogs (Medium Dog 11-20 lbs.)This page contains information on PetPrevea Advanced for Dogs (Medium Dog 11-20 lbs.) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- PetPrevea Advanced for Dogs (Medium Dog 11-20 lbs.) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for PetPrevea Advanced for Dogs (Medium Dog 11-20 lbs.)
- Direction and dosage information for PetPrevea Advanced for Dogs (Medium Dog 11-20 lbs.)
PetPrevea Advanced for Dogs (Medium Dog 11-20 lbs.)This treatment applies to the following species:
Repels and Kills ticks, fleas and mosquitoes
● flea eggs
● flea larvae
● biting flies
% BY WEIGHT
*cis/trans ratio: Max 55% (±) cis and min 45% (±) trans
Monthly topical treatment and prevention of ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, biting flies, and lice.
FOR USE ONLY ON DOGS AND PUPPIES 7 WEEKS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WEIGHING 11-20 LBS.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT USE ON CATS
READ THE ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
Hazards To Humans
WARNING. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Harmful if swallowed. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Hazards To Domestic Animals
For external use on dogs only. Do not use on animals other than dogs. Do not use on dogs or puppies under seven (7) weeks of age or weighing less than 11 pounds. Do not get this product in dog’s eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing dogs. Individual sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for dogs. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your dog is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
This pesticide is extremely toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not add directly to water. Do not contaminate water when disposing of product or packaging.
Monitor your dog after application. Side effects may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects (such as lethargy or agitation) occur, consult your veterinarian or call 1-833-571-1532.
If In Eyes:
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Hot Line Number
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For medical emergencies call 1-833-571-1532. For consumer questions, call 1-888-261-4657
Note To Physician
Treat the patient symptomatically.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not contaminate feed or food. Do not allow children to apply product. Dog must be dry at time of application and remain dry for 24 hours after application.
How To Open
Remove inner tray from carton. Firmly grasp one tube and pull away from tray. Hold tube firmly in one hand. With the other hand, push down firmly on the cap and turn counter clockwise (to the left). Continue twisting cap until it comes off the tube. Turn the cap around and place opposite end of cap back on tube. Twist cap to break seal. Remove cap from tube.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Prepare applicator as shown in “How to Open”.
2. Apply the entire contents of the applicator to one spot as shown:
Part the hair on the dog’s back between the shoulder blades until skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to apply all contents to the skin. Carefully avoid allowing the product to run off the side of the dog.
3. Discard empty tube and packaging as described in the Storage and Disposal section.
4. Under normal conditions the product remains effective for a month. In case of severe pest infestations, retreatment once a week is permitted not to exceed 4 weeks. After successful pest control, please return to a monthly schedule.
Do not use on cats.
Do not get this product in your dog’s eyes.
Do not allow your dog to ingest this product.
Do not apply more than one application per treatment per dog.
Do not use on dogs under 7 weeks of age or weighing less than the minimum weight shown on the carton and the tube.
Do not allow adults, children, or pets to touch treated area until dry.
Do not bathe or allow dog to swim for 24 hours after application.
Keep treated dog off furniture until the treated area is dry.
The successive feeding activity of fleas on dogs may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Treatment of dogs with PetPrevea™ Advanced for Dogs rapidly kills fleas and may reduce the incidence of this condition.
PetPrevea™ Advanced for Dogs kills existing fleas on dogs within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting at least four (4) weeks. Pre-existing pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for six (6) weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions.
PetPrevea™ Advanced for Dogs is waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas and ticks.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Pesticide Storage: Store in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets. Protect from freezing. Pesticide Disposal and Container Handling: Non refillable container. If empty: Do not reuse this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Limited Warranty And Limitation Of Damages
IMPORTANT: READ BEFORE USE. Read the entire Directions for Use, Conditions of Warranties and Limitations of Liability before using this product. If these terms and conditions are not acceptable, return the unopened product container at once. By using this product, user or buyer accepts the following Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability.
CONDITIONS: The directions for use of this product are believed to be adequate and must be followed carefully. However, it is impossible to eliminate all risks associated with the use of this product. Ineffectiveness, injury, and other unintended consequences may result because of such factors as manner of use or application (including misuse), the presence of other materials, weather conditions, and other unknown factors, all of which are beyond the control of CAP IM Supply, Inc. All such risks shall be assumed by the user or buyer.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: To the extent consistent with applicable law, CAP IM Supply, Inc. makes no other warranties, express or implied, of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise, that extend beyond statements on the label.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: To the extent consistent with applicable law, neither CAP IM Supply, Inc., the manufacturer, nor the Seller shall be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use, handling, application, storage, or disposal of this product. To the extent consistent with applicable law, the exclusive remedy of the user or buyer for any and all losses, injuries or damages resulting from the use, handling, application, or storage of this product, whether in contract, warranty, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, shall not exceed the purchase price paid.
For more information visit www.PetPrevea.com
DO NOT USE ON CATS - MAY BE FATAL. Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours. If applied to a cat or ingested by a cat, contact your veterinarian immediately.
For consumer questions call 1-888-261-4657
For medical emergencies call 1-833-571-1532
EPA Est. No. 2596-OH-1
EPA Reg No. 91384-3-91019
CAP Supply, Inc., 303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30346
5 WAY PROTECTION AGAINST FLEAS, TICKS, BITING FLIES, MOSQUITOES AND LICE
● Convenient, easy to apply topical solution
● Long-Lasting, waterproof, fragrance free
● Remains effective after bathing and/or swimming
● Effectively targets all life stages of fleas and ticks
● Repels and kills ticks including Deer ticks that may transmit Lyme disease, American dog ticks that may transmit Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Brown dog ticks that may transmit Ehrlichiosis, and Lone Star ticks that may transmit Ehrlichiosis for up to four weeks
● Repels and kills all life stages of fleas
● One treatment prevents further flea infestations for a month
● Kills fleas within 12 hours of application
● Prevents reinfestations by killing adult fleas before they lay eggs
● Prevents development of fleas, flea eggs, pupae and larvae for a month
● Treatment with PetPrevea Advanced For Dogs rapidly kills fleas and may reduce the incidence of Flea Allergic Dermatitis (FAD)
● Repels and kills mosquitoes for up to four weeks
● Prevents blood feeding by killing and repelling mosquitoes
● Repels annoying biting flies
● Kills biting lice
● Controls existing chewing lice infestations
PetPrevea™ is a trademark of MWI Animal Health
4 tubes, each 0.034 fl. oz. (1.0 mL)
Distributed by MWI Animal Health
3041 W. PASADENA DR., BOISE, ID, 83705
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2022-11-29