Nobivac Puppy-DPvThis page contains information on Nobivac Puppy-DPv for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Puppy-DPv Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Puppy-DPv
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Puppy-DPv
Nobivac Puppy-DPvThis treatment applies to the following species:
CANINE DISTEMPER-PARVOVIRUS VACCINE
Modified Live Virus
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac® Puppy-DPv is a modified live virus vaccine containing attenuated strains of canine distemper virus (CDV) and parvovirus (CPV). This vaccine is for vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by canine distemper virus and canine parvovirus.
Dosage and Administration
Aseptically reconstitute the desiccated vaccine with the sterile diluent provided and administer 1mL by the subcutaneous route or intramuscular route. Initial vaccination of healthy dogs may be given as early as 4 weeks of age, with booster injections administered every 3-4 weeks until the dog is 12 weeks of age. Dogs over 12 weeks of age should initially receive 2 doses 3-4 weeks apart. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended.
Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships.
• Store at 2° - 7°C (35°-45°F).
• Do not freeze.
• Shake well before use.
• Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
• Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
• Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
• Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
• Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
• Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
• The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
Intervet Inc., Merck Animal Health, division of Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (CAN)
For patent information:
NAC No.: 1047353.4
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Puppy-DPv information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-04-21