Nobivac Puppy-DPvThis page contains information on Nobivac Puppy-DPv for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Puppy-DPv Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Puppy-DPv
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Puppy-DPv
Nobivac Puppy-DPvThis treatment applies to the following species:
CANINE DISTEMPER-PARVOVIRUS VACCINE
Modified Live Virus
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac Puppy-DPv Indications
This product has been shown to be effective for vaccination of healthy dogs 4 weeks of age or older against canine distemper virus and canine parvovirus. Duration of Immunity has not been established. To review efficacy and safety data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Dosage and AdministrationTransfer contents of the sterile diluent vial to the Nobivac Puppy-DPv vial aseptically. Mix gently until dissolved. Inject one dose (1mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly. The initial dose may be given at 4 weeks of age or older. Repeat dose 3 to 4 weeks later. Two doses are required for primary immunization.
The presence of maternal antibodies is known to interfere with the development of active immunity in dogs and additional boosters will be required in most young animals. Historically, annual revaccination has been recommended for this product. The need for this booster has not been established. For more information on revaccination frequency, in general or in the face of maternal antibody, consult your veterinarian or the manufacturer.
● Store at 2° - 8°C (35°-46°F).
● Do not freeze.
● Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
● Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label.
● Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
● In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
● Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
● Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
● Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
● The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
● The age at which maternal antibody for canine parvovirus no longer interferes with the development of active immunity varies according to the bitch’s titer and quantity of colostral antibodies absorbed by the puppy.
Intervet Inc. d/b/a Merck Animal Health
Omaha, NE 68103 USA
VLN 165A/PCN 13P1.20
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (CAN)
For patent information:
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Puppy-DPv information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-11-29