Nobivac Intra-Trac KC (Canada)This page contains information on Nobivac Intra-Trac KC for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Intra-Trac KC Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Intra-Trac KC
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Intra-Trac KC
Nobivac Intra-Trac KCThis treatment applies to the following species:
WITHOUT NASAL APPLICATOR TIP
Canine Parainfluenza-Bordetella Bronchiseptica Vaccine
MODIFIED LIVE VIRUS, AVIRULENT LIVE CULTURE
For veterinary use in dogs only
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, U.S. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
FOR INTRANASAL USE ONLY
Nobivac® Intra-Trac® KC is a modified live intranasal vaccine containing attenuated canine parainfluenza virus and Bordetella bronchiseptica avirulent live culture for the vaccination of healthy susceptible puppies and dogs for prevention of canine infectious tracheobronchitis (“kennel cough”) due to canine parainfluenza and B. bronchiseptica.
Dosage and Administration
Vaccinate healthy puppies 3 weeks of age or older. Aseptically reconstitute the desiccated vaccine with the sterile diluent provided. Remove the needle and administer 0.4 mL into one nostril. Because of the small dose volume, an applicator tip is not required for administration of the vaccine. Studies to evaluate the onset of immunity have established that the vaccine aids in the prevention of disease due to B. bronchiseptica 72 hours after vaccination in 8 week-old puppies.
Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships.
- Store at 2° - 7°C (35°-45°F).
- Do not freeze.
- Shake well before use.
- Use contents promptly once reconstituted.
- Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
- Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
- The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 888 306-0069 (Canada)
NAC No.: 12082362
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Intra-Trac KC information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-01-09