Nobivac EDGE DAPPvThis page contains information on Nobivac EDGE DAPPv for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac EDGE DAPPv Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac EDGE DAPPv
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac EDGE DAPPv
Nobivac EDGE DAPPvThis treatment applies to the following species:
CANINE DISTEMPER-ADENOVIRUS TYPE 2-PARAINFLUENZA-PARVOVIRUS VACCINE
Modified Live Virus
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac EDGE DAPPv Indications
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older against canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus type 1 (hepatitis), canine parainfluenza virus and canine parvovirus. To review efficacy and safety data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Data indicate the development of corneal opacity is not associated with the use of this product.
Dosage and Administration
Transfer contents of the sterile diluent vial to the Nobivac® EDGE™ DAPPv vial aseptically. Mix gently until dissolved. Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
Inject one dose (0.5 mL) subcutaneously. The initial dose may be given at 6 weeks of age or older. Repeat at 2 to 4 week intervals until the dog is 12 weeks of age. A minimum of two doses is required for primary immunization. The need for annual booster vaccinations has not been established for this product; consultation with a veterinarian is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships.
● Store at 2° - 8°C.
● Do not freeze.
● Do not mix with other vaccines.
● Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
● Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
● Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
● Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
● Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
● The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
● The age at which maternal antibody for canine parvovirus no longer interferes with the development of active immunity varies according to the bitch’s titer and quantity of colostral antibodies absorbed by the puppy.
Intervet Inc. d/b/a Merck Animal Health, Omaha, NE 68103 USA
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information:
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac EDGE DAPPv information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-02-06