Nobivac Canine 1-PvThis page contains information on Nobivac Canine 1-Pv for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Canine 1-Pv Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Canine 1-Pv
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Canine 1-Pv
Nobivac Canine 1-PvThis treatment applies to the following species:
Modified Live Virus
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac® Canine 1-Pv vaccine is a modified live virus vaccine containing a Canine Parvovirus Type 2b strain for the vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by canine parvovirus.
Dosage and Administration
Inject one dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly. The initial dose may be given at 6 weeks of age or older. Repeat at 2 to 4 week intervals until the dog is 12 weeks of age. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships. Use entire contents immediately.
● Store at 2° - 7°C.
● Do not freeze.
● Do not mix with other vaccines.
● Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
● Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
● Contains gentamicin and thimerosal as preservatives.
● Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
● Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
● The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
● The age at which maternal antibody for canine parvovirus no longer interferes with the development of active immunity varies according to the bitch’s titer and quantity of colostral antibodies absorbed by the puppy.
Intervet Inc., Merck Animal Health, division of Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information:
NAC No.: 1047087.6
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Canine 1-Pv information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-02-06