Nobivac Canine 1-DAPPv+L4 (Canada)This page contains information on Nobivac Canine 1-DAPPv+L4 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Canine 1-DAPPv+L4 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Canine 1-DAPPv+L4
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Canine 1-DAPPv+L4
Nobivac Canine 1-DAPPv+L4This treatment applies to the following species:
CANINE DISTEMPER-ADENOVIRUS TYPE 2-PARAINFLUENZA-PARVOVIRUS VACCINE Modified Live Virus LEPTOSPIRA CANICOLA-GRIPPOTYPHOSA-ICTEROHAEMORRHAGIAE-POMONA BACTERIN
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac® Canine 1-DAPPv+L4 vaccine is a combination vaccine that unites the benefits of Nobivac® Canine 1-DAPPv and Nobivac® Lepto4 in one vaccination.
Nobivac Canine 1-DAPPv vaccine is a modified live virus vaccine for the vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus type 1 (hepatitis), canine parainfluenza virus, and canine parvovirus. Data indicate the development of corneal opacity is not associated with the use of this product.
Nobivac Lepto4 bacterin is recommended for the vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in the prevention of disease and mortality caused by L. canicola, L. icterohaemorrhagiae, L. pomona, and L. grippotyphosa; the prevention of leptospiruria (shedding of Leptospira in the urine) caused by L. canicola, L. icterohaemorrhagiae, and L. grippotyphosa; and as an aid in the prevention of leptospiruria caused by L. pomona.
Dosage and Administration
Shake the Nobivac Lepto4 vial and transfer its contents to the Nobivac Canine 1-DAPPv vial aseptically. Mix gently until dissolved. Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
Inject one dose (1 mL) subcutaneously. The initial dose may be given at 8 weeks of age or older. Repeat at 2 to 4 week intervals until the dog is 12 weeks of age. A minimum of two doses is required for primary immunization. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships.
● Store at 2° - 7°C (35° - 45°F).
● Do not freeze.
● Do not mix with other vaccines.
● Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
● Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
● Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
● Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
● Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
● The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions.
Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
● The age at which maternal antibody for canine parvovirus no longer interferes with the development of active immunity varies according to the bitch’s titer and quantity of colostral antibodies absorbed by the puppy.
Merck Animal Health, division of Intervet Inc.
Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information:
NAC No.: 1208223.3
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Canine 1-DAPPv+L4 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-05-30