Micro-MEC 1.8%This page contains information on Micro-MEC 1.8% for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Micro-MEC 1.8% Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Micro-MEC 1.8%
- Direction and dosage information for Micro-MEC 1.8%
Micro-MEC 1.8%This treatment applies to the following species:
Glutaraldehyde Monitor Strip
Micro-MEC™ 1.8% Glutaraldehyde Monitor Strip is a glutaraldehyde concentration monitor for use with Micro-Cide™ 28 High Level Disinfectant. See package insert for equivalent 1.8% MEC glutaraldehyde solutions indicated for use with Micro-MEC™ 1.8% Glutaraldehyde Monitor Strip.
Micro-MEC™ 1.8% Glutaraldehyde Monitor Strip cannot be used to validate the sterilization or disinfection process.
Test Strips for Monitoring Glutaraldehyde High Level Disinfectant Solution.
Directions For Use
1. If applicable refer to the endoscope reprocessor’s user manual for instructions on how to take a sample of the disinfectant use solution.
2. Dip the strip into the solution for 2 seconds and remove.
3. Remove excess solution by standing test strip upright (on its short edge) on a paper towel. Do not shake or blot the test strip.
4. Start timer.
5. At exactly 120 seconds, compare the test strip color with the visual standards below.
6. If the test strip color corresponds to ‘PASS’ according to the visual standards, i.e. uniform purple, then the glutaraldehyde level of the solution is above the MEC.
7. The presence of any yellow on the pad (apart from the top 2 mm) indicates that the concentration of glutaraldehyde is below the MEC and the solution should be discarded.
WARNING: Do not use Micro-Cide™ 28 HLD Solution beyond the 28 day maximum use life of the solution
CAUTION: READ ENTIRE PACKAGE INSERT FOR IMPORTANT
STORAGE AND USE INFORMATION.
StorageStore the Micro-MEC™ 1.8% Glutaraldehyde Monitor Strips at room temperature between 43 °F and 86 °F (6 °C and 30 °C) and 30-65% relative humidity (RH) in the original bottle with the cap tightly closed. Do not freeze.
● Keep the test strips in the original container.
● Remove only the required number of test strips before testing.
● After removing the test strip(s) from the bottle immediately replace the cap making sure it is on tight.
● Do not use test strips 90 days after opening the bottle or after the labelled expiration date, whichever is soonest.
● Do not freeze or expose to light, heat, moisture, aldehydes, detergents, oxidizing agents, acids and alkalis.
● Avoid touching the reagent pad with fingers or any other surface.
● Micro-MEC™ 1.8% Glutaraldehyde Monitor Strip will NOT detect failure to activate the solution.
Use within 90 days of opening
Manufactured in the UK for: Micro-Scientific, LLC, 755 Tri-State Parkway, Gurnee, IL 60031 USA
60 Test Strips
755 TRI-STATE PARKWAY, GURNEE, IL, 60031
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Micro-MEC 1.8% information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-09-29