LS Mass IIThis page contains information on LS Mass II for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- LS Mass II Indications
- Warnings and cautions for LS Mass II
- Direction and dosage information for LS Mass II
LS Mass IIThis treatment applies to the following species:
B1 Type, LaSota Strain, Massachusetts Type, Live Virus
For veterinary use only
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
Store this vaccine at not over 45°F (7°C).
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents when vial is first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
For intranasal, intraocular or drinking-water administration.
LS Mass II is a combination live-virus vaccine. The Newcastle fraction is the B1 type, LaSota strain, and the bronchitis fraction is prepared from a modified strain of infectious-bronchitis virus, Massachusetts type. This vaccine is recommended as an aid in the prevention of Newcastle disease and of infectious bronchitis, Massachusetts serotype.
For Intranasal Or Intraocular Vaccination
This vaccine accompanied by diluent is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens one day of age or older.
1. Rehydrate 1 vial of vaccine with 1 vial of diluent.
2. Remove seal and stopper from vaccine and diluent vials. Avoid contamination of stoppers and contents.
3. Add diluent to half-fill the vaccine vial. Replace stopper and shake until contents are dissolved.
4. Pour the rehydrated vaccine into the diluent container. Replace stopper and shake.
5. Remove stopper and fit drop-dispenser tip into diluent container.
6. To vaccinate intranasally, place finger over one of the bird’s nostrils and place 1 drop of vaccine in the other nostril. Do not release bird until vaccine has been inhaled.
7. To vaccinate intraocularly, place 1 drop of vaccine in the eye.
For Drinking-water Vaccination
This vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens 2 weeks of age or older.
1. Discontinue use of medications or sanitizing agents in the drinking water for 24 hours before vaccinating. Do not resume use 24 hours following vaccination.
2. Water used for the drinking-water administration of a live virus vaccine must be non-chlorinated.
3. Provide enough waterers so two-thirds of the birds may drink at one time. Scrub waterers with fresh, clean, non-chlorinated water, and use no disinfectant. Let the waterers drain dry.
4. Turn off automatic waterers, so the only available water is the vaccine water. Do not give vaccine water through medication tanks.
5. Withhold water for 2 to 4 hours before vaccinating. Do not deprive the birds of water if the temperature is extremely high.
6. Remove seal from vaccine vial.
7. Remove stopper and half-fill vial with clean, cool, non-chlorinated water.
8. Replace stopper and shake until dissolved.
9. Use a clean container two-thirds filled with cool, clean, non-chlorinated water. Add dried milk at a rate of 1 ounce (28.4 grams) dried milk if final volume of water per 1,000 doses of vaccine is to be 2 1/2 gallons (9.5 liters); 2 ounces (56.8 grams) dried milk if final volume of water is to be 5 gallons (19.0 liters); and 4 ounces (113.6 grams) dried milk for a final volume of 10 gallons (38.0 liters). Stir the mixture until the dried milk is dissolved.
10. Add the rehydrated vaccine from the vial and again stir the contents thoroughly.
11. Next, add the mixture to the final volume of water, as follows:
Add this amount of vaccine
to this final volume of water
for chickens 2 to 8 weeks old
for chickens over 8 weeks old
2-1/2 to 5 gallons
5 to 10 gallons
12. Give 1 dose of vaccine per bird.
13. Distribute the final volume of (vaccine) water evenly among the clean waterers. Do not place the waterers in direct sunlight. Resume regular water administration only after all the vaccine water has been consumed.
For growing chickens intended for replacement flocks or breeder flocks, it is advisable to revaccinate in advance of the onset of egg production.
If possible, vaccinate all susceptible birds on the premises at the same time. For 10 to 14 days after vaccinating, avoid carrying vaccine particles on shoes, clothing, etc., into areas where there are unvaccinated birds.
Newcastle Disease Vaccine virus is capable of causing a mild, irritating eye infection in humans, lasting about 3 days. Do not allow vaccine to contact the eyes.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
LS Mass II Caution
This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions.
The use of this vaccine is subject to state laws, wherever applicable.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination takes place; and any reactions observed.
THIS PRODUCT IS NONRETURNABLE.
10 x 1,000 Doses
10 x 10,000 Doses
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
NAC No.: 36902902
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the LS Mass II information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30