Lo-MaxThis page contains information on Lo-Max for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Lo-Max Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Lo-Max
- Direction and dosage information for Lo-Max
Lo-MaxThis treatment applies to the following species:
Chlorinated Alkaline Cleaner
Formula ingredients contain no phosphorus.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
KEEP FROM FREEZING
Directions For Use
For Agriculture Use
Cleaning Pipelines and Milking Units
1. Pre-flush pipelines and milking units with large volume of potable water.
2. Prepare wash solution using 1 ounce of Lo-Max to each 3 of gallons of hot water. Temperature must not go below 100°F./38°C. during the wash cycle.
3. Circulate wash solution through system for 6-8 minutes. Brush-wash all parts not coming in contact with the wash solution. Wear impervious gloves when brush-washing equipment.
4. Rinse with large volume of potable water to remove all wash solution. Allow to drain.
5. Add proper use dilution of an EPA registered acid sanitizer to acid rinse and sanitize in one easy step, or use the proper dilution of a pipeline acid cleaner to acid rinse the system. Allow to drain.
6. Just before milking (no sooner than 30 minutes), sanitize by circulating proper ppm solution of a recommended sanitizer. Drain completely.
Cleaning Bulk Tanks
1. Pre-flush bulk tank with large volume of potable water.
2. Prepare wash solution in volume necessary to properly operate the spray device, using 1 ounce of Lo-Max per each 2 gallons of hot water. Temperature must not go below 100°F./38°C. during the wash cycle.
3. Spray-wash for 8-10 minutes. Disconnect return line and drain. Inspect all milk zone surfaces for cleanliness. Prepare wash solution using 4 ounces of a chlorinated manual cleaner and not more than 1 gallon of hot water. Brush-wash valve, outside of tank and any part of tank not cleaned by spraying system. Wear impervious gloves when brush-washing equipment.
4. Rinse inside and outside of bulk tank with potable water to remove all wash solution. Allow to drain.
5. See steps 5 and 6 above.
*Where local or state regulations are in effect, consult authorities for additional information.
This product is not for egg wash applications.
Avoid food contamination during application and storage. Do not store in food processing areas.
Rinse surfaces thoroughly with potable water after use.
This product is not for use as a sanitizer or disinfectant.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
Wash skin thoroughly after handling. Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection. Mixing this product with acid or ammonia releases chlorine gas.
IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/ Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower. IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/ physician. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
READ SAFETY DATA SHEET (SDS) BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT
EMERGENCY HEALTH INFORMATION: Contact local poison control.
Manufactured for: Aspen Veterinary Resources®, Ltd., 3155 Heartland Drive, Liberty, MO 64068
56.8 L (15 US GAL)
NAC No.: 1833010.0
W7209 STATE ROAD 49, WAUPUN, WI, 53963-9677
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Lo-Max information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-10-31