KNOCKOUT E.S. Area TreatmentThis page contains information on KNOCKOUT E.S. Area Treatment for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- KNOCKOUT E.S. Area Treatment Indications
- Warnings and cautions for KNOCKOUT E.S. Area Treatment
- Direction and dosage information for KNOCKOUT E.S. Area Treatment
KNOCKOUT E.S. Area TreatmentThis treatment applies to the following species:
KILLS ACTIVE FLEA INFESTATIONS AND TICKS
PREVENTS FLEA INFESTATIONS FROM DEVELOPING
PREVENTS RE-INFESTATIONS OF FLEAS FOR 7 MONTHS
WITH NYLAR® (PYRIPROXYFEN) INSECT GROWTH REGULATOR
FOR USE IN: Apartments, Automobiles, Homes, Hospitals, Hotels, Kennels, Motels, Offices, Schools, Supermarkets, Transportation Equipment (Buses, Boats, Ships, Trains, Trucks), Warehouses, Utilities, Veterinary Clinics, and Other Commercial and Industrial Buildings.
Pyrethrins, a botanical insecticide
n-Octyl bicycloheptene dicarboximide*
*MGK® 264, Insecticide Synergist
**[Cis-trans ratio: Max. 55% ± cis and Min. 45% ± trans]
NYLAR and MGK are registered trademarks of McLaughlin Gormley King Company.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
KNOCKOUT E.S. Area Treatment Caution
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE.
Directions For Use
IT IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW TO USE THIS PRODUCT IN A MANNER INCONSISTENT WITH ITS LABELING.
● Apply this product only as specified on the label.
● This product is labeled for indoor use only in the structures listed under For Use In:.
● Only protected applicators may be in the treatment area during application.
● Do not apply this product in a way that will contact adults, children or pets. Remove pets, birds, and cover fish aquariums before spraying.
● Do not use this product on pets.
● Do not use treated article until spray has dried.
● Remove or cover exposed food and drinking water, in the treatment area, before application. Remove or cover dishes, utensils, food processing equipment, and food preparation surfaces in the treatment area, or wash them before use.
● Do not apply directly into sewers or drains or to any area where drainage to storm sewers, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur. Do not allow the product to enter any drain during or after application.
● Do not apply this product in hospital rooms while occupied or in any rooms occupied by the elderly or infirm. Remove patients from room prior to treatment and thoroughly ventilate (2 hr) after application. Do not return patients to room until after ventilation.
● Do not apply to classrooms when in use.
● Do not apply more than 1 time/day.
This product kills fleas and prevents flea infestations for a full season. Adult fleas may be seen in treated areas when brought in on infested animals or when adults emerge from pupal cases; however, a population will not develop in the treated areas.
In transportation equipment, certain plastics may be whitened or dulled. Apply only to carpets and cloth upholstered areas, or test an inconspicuous area before applying.
SHAKE WELL before use. Cover aquariums and fish bowls, and remove birds from area prior to application. Apply at the rate of 16 oz. for up to 2100 ft2 (8 oz. for up to 1050 ft2). Carpeted areas may be vacuumed before application and after treated carpet has dried. Treat infested areas or areas which could be infested, such as carpets, rugs, upholstered furniture, pet beds and pet resting areas. Hold can at arms length and direct spray toward the area to be treated. Use a sweeping motion to apply product and back away from treated area while holding the can 36” from the surface being treated. An area of 80 - 100 ft2 can be treated in approx. 10 sec. When treating upholstered furniture, treat under cushions and areas where flea development occurs. Do not treat areas of prolonged human contact.
Do not treat pets, including cats and dogs, with this product.
NOTICE: KNOCKOUT E.S. Area Treatment has been tested on several types of carpet, fabric and other household furnishings without adverse effects. In a few instances, waxed surfaces have been whitened or dulled. Holding the can 36 inches from the target surface will normally prevent any whitening from occurring. Because of the wide variety of floor types and finishes, treat a small, inconspicuous area before treating the entire area. Avoid contact with antique finishes.
If on Skin or Clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
HOT LINE NUMBER: Have the product container or label with you when calling a Poison Control Center or doctor, or going for treatment. For information on this pesticide product (including health concerns, medical emergencies, or pesticide incidents), you may call 1-800-345-4735 24 hr/day, 7 days/week.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
KNOCKOUT E.S. Area Treatment Caution
Harmful if absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Applicators and other handlers must wear the following: Long-sleeve shirt, long pants, socks and shoes, and chemical resistant gloves (such as any waterproof material, Selection Category A).
User Safety Requirements: Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry. Discard clothing and other absorbent materials that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this product. Do not reuse them.
USER SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
● Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
● Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
● Remove PPE as soon as practical after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
Physical Or Chemical Hazards
Contents under pressure. Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Do not puncture or incinerate container. Exposure to temperatures above 130°F may cause bursting.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry area away from heat or open flame and inaccessible to children.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Wastes resulting from use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
CONTAINER DISPOSAL: Do not puncture or incinerate! If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling, if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
EPA Reg. No. 499-404-2382
EPA Est. No. 7969-MO-1
Contains no CFCs or other ozone depleting substances. Federal regulations prohibit CFC propellants in aerosols.
Manufactured for: Virbac AH, Inc., PO Box 162059, Fort Worth, TX 76161
16 OZ. (454 g)
140415-80 / NVA 2013-04-424-0191
P.O. BOX 162059, FORT WORTH, TX, 76161
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the KNOCKOUT E.S. Area Treatment information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-08-01