K9 Advantix II Large DogThis page contains information on K9 Advantix II Large Dog for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- K9 Advantix II Large Dog Indications
- Warnings and cautions for K9 Advantix II Large Dog
- Direction and dosage information for K9 Advantix II Large Dog
K9 Advantix II Large DogThis treatment applies to the following species:
Topical Prevention and Treatment of Ticks, Fleas, Mosquitoes, Biting Flies and Lice for Monthly Use Only on Dogs and Puppies 7 Weeks of Age and Older
READ THE ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
DO NOT USE ON CATS
For the Prevention and Treatment of Ticks, Fleas, Mosquitoes, Biting Flies and Lice on Dogs
● Repels and kills ticks, including Deer ticks (vector of Lyme disease and anaplasmosis), American dog ticks (vector of Rocky Mountain spotted fever, tularemia and ehrlichiosis), Brown dog ticks (vector of ehrlichiosis, anaplasmosis, bartonellosis, canine hemoplasmosis, babesiosis and Rocky Mountain spotted fever), and Lone Star ticks (vector of ehrlichiosis and tularemia)
● Repels and kills all life stages of fleas
● Prevents fleas on treated dogs from infesting your home
● Kills fleas on dogs within 12 hours and continues to prevent infestations for a month
● Prevents development of fleas, flea eggs, pupae and larvae for a month
● Larval flea stages in the dog’s surroundings are killed following contact with a K9 Advantix® II treated dog
● Repels and kills mosquitoes for up to four weeks that may transmit heartworm disease (Dirofilaria immitis), West Nile Virus
● Repels and prevents blood-feeding by biting flies
● Kills chewing lice
% By Weight
*cis/trans ratio: max 55% (±) cis and min 45% (±) trans
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not contaminate feed or food.
HOW TO OPEN
1. Be sure tube is at bottom of pouch.
2. Using scissors, cut the pouch across the top and remove tube.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Use only on dogs.
DO NOT USE ON CATS or on other animals. Do not apply to dogs weighing less than 4 lbs.
2. Remove applicator tube from the package. Use scissors and peel down foil.
3. Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
4. Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
5. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
6. The dog should be standing for easy application. Evenly apply the entire contents of the K9 Advantix® II tube to two to three spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible.
Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog. Do not get this product in your dog’s eyes, or allow your dog to ingest this product.
Over 55 lbs.:
7. Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
8. In cases of severe pest infestations, retreatment is allowable earlier than four (4) weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every seven (7) days. After pest control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
The successive feeding activity of fleas on dogs may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Treatment of dogs with K9 Advantix® II rapidly kills fleas and may reduce the incidence of this condition.
K9 Advantix® II kills existing fleas on dogs within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting at least four (4) weeks. Pre-existing pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for six (6) weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions.
K9 Advantix® II is waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas and ticks.
For dogs over 55 lbs., do not apply more than 1 tube per treatment.
Hazards To Humans
WARNING. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Do not get in eyes or on skin or clothing. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Hazards To Domestic Animals
For external use on dogs only. Do not use on animals other than dogs. Do not use on puppies under seven (7) weeks of age or weighing less than 4 lbs.
Do not get this product in dog’s eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for dogs. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
Monitor your dog after application. Side effects may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects (such as lethargy or agitation) occur, consult your veterinarian or call 1-800-422-9874.
DO NOT USE ON CATS - MAY BE FATAL.
Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours. If applied to a cat or ingested by a cat contact your veterinarian immediately.
For consumer questions call 1-800-255-6826.
For medical emergencies call 1-800-422-9874.
This product is extremely toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not add directly to water. Do not contaminate water when disposing of product or packaging.
IF IN EYES:
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING:
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-422-9874 for emergency medical treatment information. For consumer questions call 1-800-255-6826.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN
Treat the patient symptomatically.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Store in a cool, dry place. Protect from freezing.
Pesticide Disposal and Container Handling: Nonrefillable container.
If empty: Do not reuse this container.
Place in trash or offer for recycling, if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-422-9874 for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Limited Warranty And Limitation Of Damages
Bayer HealthCare, LLC, Animal Health Division warrants that this material conforms to the chemical description on the label. TO THE EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW, BAYER MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY, and no agent of Bayer is authorized to do so except in writing with a specific reference to this warranty. To the extent consistent with applicable law, any damages arising from a breach of this warranty shall be limited to direct damages and shall not include consequential commercial damages such as loss of profits or values, etc.
For additional information visit www.k9advantix.com
Bayer HealthCare, LLC, Animal Health Division, P.O. Box 390, Shawnee Mission, Kansas 66201 USA
Made in Germany
Bayer, the Bayer Cross and K9 Advantix are registered trademarks of Bayer
© 2017 Bayer
K9 Advantix II® is protected by the following U.S. patent: 7,728,011
K9 ADVANTIX II® small dog - dogs and puppies 7 weeks of age and older and weighing 4-10 lbs.
Four 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
Six 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
EPA Reg. No. 11556-141
K9 ADVANTIX II® medium dog - dogs and puppies 7 weeks of age and older and weighing 11 - 20 lbs.
Four 0.034 fl oz (1.0 mL) Tubes
Six 0.034 fl oz (1.0 mL) Tubes
EPA Reg. No. 11556-142
K9 ADVANTIX II® large dog - dogs and puppies 7 weeks of age and older and weighing 21 - 55 lbs.
Four 0.084 fl oz (2.5 mL) Tubes
Six 0.084 fl oz (2.5 mL) Tubes
EPA Reg. No. 11556-143
K9 ADVANTIX II® extra large dog - dogs and puppies 7 weeks of age and older and weighing over 55 lbs.
Four 0.135 fl oz (4.0 mL) Tubes
Six 0.135 fl oz (4.0 mL) Tubes
EPA Reg. No. 11556-144
Regulations for product use are established by country. Information contained on this site pertains only to the United States of America, and is not intended to provide adequate information for product use. Before using or dispensing any product, read and carefully observe the label directions.
Animal Health Division
P.O. BOX 390, SHAWNEE MISSION, KS, 66201-0390
|Customer Service Tel.:||800-633-3796|
|Customer Service Fax:||800-344-4219|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the K9 Advantix II Large Dog information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-11-30