Hyogen (Canada)This page contains information on Hyogen for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Hyogen Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Hyogen
- Direction and dosage information for Hyogen
HyogenThis treatment applies to the following species:
MYCOPLASMA HYOPNEUMONIAE BACTERIN
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
StorageKeep out of the sight and reach of children.
Store and transport refrigerated (2°C - 8°C). Do not freeze. Protect from light.
For the active immunization of fattening pigs from 3 weeks of age to reduce the occurrence and severity of lung lesions caused by Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae infection.
Onset of immunity: 3 weeks after the vaccination. Duration of immunity: 26 weeks after vaccination.
1. Vaccinate only healthy animals.
2. In case of accidental self-injection, seek medical advice immediately and show the package leaflet or the label to the physician.
3. To the user: This veterinary medicinal product contains mineral oil. Accidental injection/self-injection may result in severe pain and swelling, particularly if injected into a joint or finger, and in rare cases could result in the loss of the affected finger if prompt medical attention is not given. If you are accidentally injected with this veterinary medicinal product, seek prompt medical advice even if only a very small amount is injected and take the package leaflet with you. If pain persists for more than 12 hours after medical examination, seek medical advice again.
4. To the physician: This veterinary medicinal product contains mineral oil. Even if small amounts have been injected, accidental injection with this product can cause intense swelling, which may, for example, result in ischaemic necrosis and even the loss of a digit. Expert and PROMPT surgical attention is required and may necessitate early incision and irrigation of the injected area, especially where there is involvement of finger pulp or tendon.
5. Do not mix with any other veterinary medicinal product.
6. Any unused veterinary medicinal product or waste materials derived from such veterinary medicinal product should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.
Directions For Use
1. Shake well before use.
2. Use sterile syringe and needle, respect aseptic conditions of vaccination.
3. For intramuscular use. Vaccinate pigs in the side of their neck.
4. Administer a single dose of 2 ml from 3 weeks of age.
5. Do not use this veterinary medicinal product after the expiry date which is stated on the label.
6. Shelf life after first opening the container: 10 hours
On the day of vaccination a transient mean increase in body temperature of about 1.3°C is very common. In an individual pig this increase might reach 2°C, but in all cases body temperature is back to normal the next day. A local reaction at the site of injection in the form of a swelling of a diameter up to 5 cm can be very common, which can last for three days. These reactions are of transient nature and do not need further treatment. Immediate mild hypersensitivity-like reactions may occur uncommonly after vaccination, resulting in transient clinical signs such as vomiting. These clinical signs normally resolve without treatment. The frequency of adverse reactions is defined using the following convention:
- very common (more than 1 in 10 animals displaying adverse reactions during the course of one treatment)
- common (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 100 animals)
- uncommon (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 1,000 animals)
- rare (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 10,000 animals)
- very rare (less than 1 animal in 10,000 animals, including isolated reports).
The data available are not sufficient to exclude the interaction of maternally derived antibodies with vaccine uptake. Interaction with maternally derived antibodies is known and should be taken into consideration. It is recommended to delay vaccination in piglets with residual MDA at the age of 3 weeks.
If you notice any serious effects or other effects not mentioned in this package leaflet, please inform your veterinary surgeon.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae 2940 strain
Adjuvants: Light liquid paraffin, Escherichia coli J5 LPS
MANUFACTURED BY: Ceva-Phylaxia Co. Ltd. 1107 Budapest Szállás u. 5. Hungary
DISTRIBUTED BY: Ceva Animal Health Inc. 1040 Fountain St., N., Unit 6 Cambridge, ON N3E 1A3
6-1040 FOUNTAIN ST. N., CAMBRIDGE, ON, N3E 1A3
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Hyogen information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-10-21