Gamma-Check-C (Canada)This page contains information on Gamma-Check-C for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Gamma-Check-C Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Gamma-Check-C
- Direction and dosage information for Gamma-Check-C
Gamma-Check-CThis treatment applies to the following species:
WHEN TO TEST:
Mares that drip colostrum or are stressed and maiden or older mares are especially at risk for poor colostrum. In any group of mares, 8-30% may have inadequate colostrum. Colostrum immunnogobulin (antibody) levels are directly related to foal immunoglobulin levels.
A 3ml syringe and needle are needed
1. Gently clean udder, then collect a teaspoon of colostrum into a cup or the syringe case.
2. Draw EXACTLY 0.5ml of colostrum into measuring device provided. Remove stopper from DILUENT tube, add colostrum and mix.
3. Draw 1.5 ml from the dilution tube into the syringe and add to the Gamma-Check-C tube via a needle through the stopper (to green line). Mix contents by swirling, note time on tube, then gently tilt every 2-3 minutes. A jelly like clot that slips down the side of the tube is usually positive but should be retested using a different type of test.
4. END POINT IS FORMATION OF A SOLID CLOT - IF THIS OCCURS IN:
<10 MIN the IgG antibody level is above 3800 mg/dl.
The average foal requires 50-60 g of oral IgG since gut absorption of IgG is only 60-80% at birth and declines quickly. 1.5 to 3.5 liters of colostrum with an IgG of 3800 mg/dl is required, depending on suckling vigor and absorption rates, for the foal to attain a minimally protective IgG of 400 mg/dl.
The glutaraldehyde reagent is caustic, if skin or eye contact occurs wash with copious amount of water & consult physician.
DO NOT LEAVE TUBES IN HOT SUN
Recommend storage at 4°C
1. Jeffcott, LB. The transfer of passive immunity to the foal and its relation to immune status after birth. J Reprod Fert Suppl. 23:727-733. 1975
2. LeBlanc, MM; Tran, TQ. Relationship among colostral electrolytes, colostral IgG concentrations and absorption of colostral IgG by foals. J Reprod Fert Suppl. 35:735-736.1987
3. Massey, RE et al. Colostrum feeding of foals and colostrum banking. AAEP Proceedings 37: 1-15. 1991
PLASSVACC®, 1535 Templeton Road, Templeton, CA 93465
Distributed by: Centaur V.A.
Presentation: 10 tests per kit.
NAC No.: 12530022
1535 TEMPLETON ROAD, TEMPLETON, CA, 93465
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Gamma-Check-C information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30