Elector PSP Premise Insect Control AgentThis page contains information on Elector PSP Premise Insect Control Agent for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Elector PSP Premise Insect Control Agent Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Elector PSP Premise Insect Control Agent
- Direction and dosage information for Elector PSP Premise Insect Control Agent
Elector PSP Premise Insect Control AgentThis treatment applies to the following species:
Control of darkling beetles, hide beetles, house flies (adults and larvae), stable flies, little house flies (Fannia canicularis) in and around agricultural animal premises.
Control of northern fowl mites (Ornithonyssus sylviarum) and poultry red mites (Dermanyssus gallinae) infesting poultry.
Spinosad (A mixture of spinosyn A and spinosyn D)
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Elector PSP Premise Insect Control Agent Caution
This product is highly toxic to molluscs. Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when cleaning or disposing of equipment washwaters. Apply this product only as specified on the label.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Read all Directions for Use carefully before applying.
Notice: Shake well before use. Avoid freezing.
MIXING FOR APPLICATIONS THAT REQUIRE DILUTION
This product is intended to be mixed with water and applied as a coarse or low-pressure spray. Fill the tank of the sprayer with water to about 1/2 of the total spray volume required. Start agitation and add the required amount of product. Continue mixing and agitation while filling the spray tank to the required spray volume. Maintain sufficient agitation during the application to ensure uniformity of the spray. Prepare spray fresh for each use.
● This product may be applied as a general surface spray or a crack and crevice application. Applications may be made in and around poultry and livestock premises, including but not limited to poultry houses, beef and dairy barns, feedlots, stables, corrals and housing structures.
● This product may be used as a direct treatment to control Northern Fowl mites infesting poultry.
● Control is enhanced when interior and exterior perimeter applications are made in and around livestock and poultry structures. Normal sanitation practices of the structure consistent with good animal husbandry should be followed to enhance effectiveness of insect control agents.
● Lactating and non-lactating dairy and beef cattle, swine, sheep and poultry may be present at the time of premise treatment. Horses not intended for human consumption may also be present at the time of premise treatment.
● Cover or remove exposed feed and water from the area being treated.
● Do not use in milking rooms.
● Do not apply as a fog or space spray.
House flies (adults and larvae)
Little house flies
• 2 fl. oz. (60 mL) Elector PSP in 10 gallons of water will treat 5,000 - 10,000 ft2. Use enough water in a directed spray to contact flies and their resting surfaces. Spray thoroughly, but do not allow run-off to occur.
• Use enough water to ensure thorough coverage of the area treated, especially litter, along feed and water lines, walls and support beams. Use a sprayer of appropriate design that is equipped to effectively apply low to moderate volumes of spray.
• Low volume spray: Up to 15 gallons of diluted spray applied to 20,000 ft2.
• Moderate volume spray: Up to 40 gallons of diluted spray applied to 20,000 ft2.
• 2 fl. oz. (60 mL) of product treats 5,000 ft2 (8 fl. oz. of product treats 20,000 ft2).
• For severe infestations, 4 fl. oz. of product may be used to treat 5,000 ft2 (16 fl. oz. treats 20,000 ft2).
Northern fowl mites (Ornithonyssus sylviarum)
• Dilute 3 fl. oz. of product in 10 gallons of water
• Apply no more than 1 gallon of coarse spray per 100 birds to ensure adequate coverage, directed toward the vent area.
Poultry red mite (Dermanyssus gallinae)
● Dilute 2 fl. oz. of product in 5 gallons of water.
● This dilution treats 2,500 ft2.
Egg Producing Poultry
Northern Fowl Mites: Spray birds in cages (layers) or on the floor (layers/breeders) with a coarse spray. Use a sprayer of appropriate design that is equipped to effectively apply the spray. Ensure adequate coverage of the vent area of the bird with a direct saturation spray for optimum efficacy. Re-application may occur every 14 days as needed.
Poultry Red Mites: Apply to areas where red mites live: this includes areas between joints, cracks and crevices, under bent surfaces, the ends of metal bars, any place where two surfaces connect, and any place where dust can accumulate. Application to the exposed and unexposed areas is required to obtain a complete and thorough treatment. Ensure a uniform spray with enough pressure to penetrate cracks and crevices where red mites are located during the day to achieve the highest efficacy of the treatment.
House Flies (adults and larvae), Stable Flies and Little House Flies: Treat areas where flies rest: pay attention to side walls, the ends of buildings, upper sides of posts, crossbeams, and manure. Spray in early morning when flies are resting. Use enough water in a directed spray to contact flies and their resting surfaces thoroughly, but do not allow run-off to occur. Do not contaminate feedstuffs, water or watering and feeding equipment with premise treatment. Re-application may occur every 7 to 10 days as needed, or when fly populations reach nuisance levels.
Darkling Beetles and Hide Beetles: Apply to floor area, especially to litter around feed and water lines and to walls and support beams, but do not allow run-off to occur. Application should also be made into cracks and crevices around insulation, and where pests have been seen or can find harborage. Reapply after each grow-out or sanitation procedure. Indoor control can be enhanced by making perimeter treatments to the outside of building foundations to prevent migrating adult beetles.
House Flies (adults and larvae), Stable Flies and Little House Flies: Apply to vertical and overhead surfaces where flies may congregate. Feeders, waterers and feedcarts should be covered before application to prevent contamination. Do not contaminate feedstuffs or water with premise treatment. Pay attention to animal areas including fence railings, alleyways, manure, stanchions, pipes, window and doors, and other areas where flies congregate. Spray in early morning when flies are resting. Re-application may occur every 7 to 10 days as needed, or when fly populations reach nuisance levels.
INTEGRATED PEST AND RESISTANCE MANAGEMENT
This product is a member of a unique class of insect control agents (spinosyns) with no pre-existing levels of resistance to any other insect control agents and can be rotated with all other classes, such as synthetic pyrethroids and organophosphates. House flies, stable flies, little house flies and other insects have demonstrated the ability to develop resistance to insect control products. Continual exposure of flies and other insects to a single class of insecticide may lead to the development of resistance to that class of insecticide. The following resistance management strategy will help ensure the prolonged usefulness of this product, as well as other conventional insecticides:
● Apply this product and other insect control agents only according to label directions.
● Do not use less than the labeled rate of any insect control product.
● Include multiple control tactics (cultural and/or biological controls) within an Integrated Pest Management Program.
● Rotate this product with other classes of insecticides (synthetic pyrethroid, organophosphate) during a fly season.
For advice concerning integrated pest management practices in relation to specific local conditions, consult resources in resistance management programs, your Cooperative Agricultural Extension Service, or your Elanco US Inc. representative (800-428-4441).
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Store in original container only, tightly closed in a secure place. Keep out of the reach of children and domestic animals. In case of leak or spill, remove with absorbent materials and dispose of as waste.
Pesticide Disposal: Wastes resulting from the use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
Container Handling: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling, if available. Clean container promptly after emptying. Triple rinse as follows: Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank, drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Fill the container 1/4 full with water and recap. Shake for 10 seconds. Pour rinsate into application equipment or mix tank or store rinsate for later use or disposal. Drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Repeat this procedure two more times. Then dispose of empty container in a sanitary landfill, or, if allowed by state and local authorities, by burning. If burned, stay out of smoke.
INHERENT RISKS OF USE
It is impossible to eliminate all risks associated with the use of this product. Lack of performance or other unintended consequences may result because of such factors as use of the product contrary to label instructions, abnormal conditions, presence of other materials, the manner of application, or other factors which are beyond the control of Elanco US Inc. or the seller. To the extent consistent with applicable law all such risks are assumed by the buyer.
LIMITATIONS OF REMEDIES
To the extent consistent with applicable law the exclusive remedy for losses or damages resulting from this product (including claims based on contract, negligence, strict liability, or other legal theories), shall be limited to, at Elanco US Inc.’s election, one of the following:
(1) Refund of purchase price paid by buyer or user for product bought, or
(2) Replacement of amount of product used.
To the extent consistent with applicable law Elanco US Inc. shall not be liable for losses or damages resulting from the handling or use of this product unless Elanco US Inc. is promptly notified of such loss or damage in writing. In no case shall Elanco US Inc. be liable for consequestial or incidental damages or losses.
The terms of the Warranty Disclaimer above and this Limitation of Remedies cannot be varied by any written or verbal statements or agreements. No employee or sales agent of Elanco US Inc. or the seller is authorized to vary or exceed the terms of the Warranty Disclaimer of this Limitation of Remedies in any manner.
Elanco US Inc., 2500 Innovation Way, Greenfield, IN 46140
To report adverse effects or obtain additional product information, call 1-800-428-4441.
EPA Reg. No.: 72642-2
EPA Est. No.: 70815-GA-001
Elector, Elanco and the diagonal bar logo are trademarks of Eli Lilly and Company or its affiliates.
8 oz (237 mL)
Distributed by ELANCO ANIMAL HEALTH
2500 INNOVATION WAY, GREENFIELD, IN, 46140
|Small Animal Product Customer Service:||888-545-5973|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Elector PSP Premise Insect Control Agent information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30