Clear Zone Double Impact Farm Fly SprayThis page contains information on Clear Zone Double Impact Farm Fly Spray for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Clear Zone Double Impact Farm Fly Spray Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Clear Zone Double Impact Farm Fly Spray
- Direction and dosage information for Clear Zone Double Impact Farm Fly Spray
Clear Zone Double Impact Farm Fly SprayThis treatment applies to the following species:
KILLS AND REPELS: Angoumois Grain Moths, Ants, Bed Bugs, Booklice, Carpet Beetles, Chocolate Moths, Cigarette Beetles, Clover Mites, Cluster Flies, Cockroaches, Confused Flour Beetles, Crickets, Drugstore Beetles, Fleas, Flies, Fruit Flies, Gnats, Grain Mites, Granary Weevils, Horn Flies, House Flies, Indianmeal Moths, Lice, Mediterranean Flour Moths, Millipedes, Mosquitoes, Mud Daubers, Red Flour Beetles, Rice Weevils, Sawtoothed Grain Beetles, Silverfish, Small Flying Moths, Sow Bugs, Spiders, Stable Flies, Ticks and Wasps
FOR USE IN AND AROUND: Beef Cattle Operations, Campgrounds, Catteries, Dairy Farms (including Milk House, Milk Parlor, Loafing Sheds, and Holding Lots), Hog Operations, Homes, Horse Barns and Stables, Kennels, Poultry Operations, Utilities, and the non-Food/Feed Areas of Food Storage Areas, Hospitals, Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Schools, Supermarkets, Transportation Equipment (Buses, Boats, Ships, Trains, Trucks, Planes ), Warehouses, and other Commercial and Industrial Buildings
See use restrictions for these sites under Directions for Use.
Pyrethrins, a botanical insecticide
Contains petroleum distillate
* (3-phenoxyphenyl) methyl (+/-) cis/trans 3-(2,2-dichloroethenyl)2,2-dimethylcyclopropane carboxylate cis/trans ratio: Min. 35% (+/-) cis and Max. 65% (+/-) trans.
** (butylcarbityl)(6-propylpiperonyl) ether and related compounds
EPA Reg. No. 499-320
EPA Est. No. 7969-MO-1
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Clear Zone Double Impact Farm Fly Spray Caution
● Immediately call a poison control center or doctor.
● DO NOT induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor.
● DO NOT give ANY liquid to the person.
● DO NOT give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If on skin or clothing
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 to 20 min.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Move person to fresh air.
● If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably by mouth-to-mouth, if possible.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice.
Have the product or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. For information on this pesticide product (including health concerns, medical emergencies or pesticide incidents), you may call 1-800-832-HELP 24hr/day, 7 days/week.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN: Contains petroleum distillate - vomiting may cause aspiration pneumonia.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Clear Zone Double Impact Farm Fly Spray Caution
Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Avoid breathing vapors.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Applicators and other handlers must wear the following: Long-sleeve shirt, long pants, socks, shoes and chemical-resistant gloves.
Materials that are chemical-resistant to this product are: Barrier Laminate, Nitrile Rubber ≥ 14 mils, Neoprene Rubber ≥ 14 mils, Neoprene Rubber ≥ 14 mils and Viton.
In addition to the above PPE, applicators fogging this product (applying as a space spray) in an enclosed area must wear a half-face, full-face, or hood-style NIOSH-approved respirator with: a dust/mist filtering cartridge (MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-21C), or a canister approved for pesticides (MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-14G), or a cartridge or canister with any R, P or HE filter.
User Safety Requirements: Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry. Discard clothing and other absorbent materials that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with product. DO NOT reuse them.
USER SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
● Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
● Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
● Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
This product is extremely toxic to aquatic organism, including fish and invertebrates. DO NOT apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. DO NOT apply when weather conditions favor drift from treated areas. Drift and runoff may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas. This product may contaminate water through runoff.
Under some conditions, it may also have a potential for transport into surface water in runoff (primarily adsorbed to suspended soil particles), for several months or more after application. These include poorly draining or wet soils with readily visible slopes toward adjacent surface waters, frequently flooded areas and areas overlying extremely shallow groundwater, areas with in-field canals or ditches that drain to surface water, areas not separated from adjacent surface waters with vegetated filter strips, and areas over-lying tile drainage systems that drain to surface waters.
This pesticide is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. DO NOT apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are actively visiting the treatment area.
PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS
FLAMMABLE: Contents under pressure. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. DO NOT puncture or incinerate container. Exposure to temperatures above 130°F may cause bursting.
Directions For Use
IT IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW TO USE THIS PRODUCT IN A MANNER INCONSISTENT WITH ITS LABELING.
● Read entire label before each use. Apply this product only as specified on the label.
● DO NOT apply more than 1 time/day.
● Product should only be used when can temperature is above 60°F. If can temperature is below 60°F, store at room temperature until a temperature above 60°F is reached.
● DO NOT apply this product in a way that will contact adults, children or pets, either directly or through drift.
● Only protected applicators may be in treatment area during application.
● For space sprays: DO NOT enter or allow others to enter the treated area until vapors, mists and aerosols have dispersed and the treated area has been thoroughly ventilated.
● DO NOT remain in treated area. Exit area immediately and remain outside the treated area until aerosol, vapors and/or mists have dispersed.
● Remove pets, birds, cover fish aquariums and turn off air pump motor before application.
● Use only with the supplied actuator and injection tubes or other application equipment approved by the registrant.
● DO NOT spray on plastic, painted, or varnished surfaces or directly into any electronic equipment such as radios, televisions, computers, etc.
● DO NOT apply in food areas of food handling establishments, restaurants or other areas where food is commercially prepared or processed. DO NOT use in serving areas while food is exposed or facility is in operation. Service areas are areas where prepared foods are served, such as dining rooms, but exclude areas where foods may be prepared or held. DO NOT make space spray applications when facility is in operation.
● In the home, do not apply when exposed food is present. Cover or remove all exposed food in the treatment area. Cover all food preparation surfaces and utensils, in the treatment area, or wash thoroughly before use.
● DO NOT use in greenhouses where plants are grown for food.
● DO NOT use in aircraft cabins. Use only in cargo areas.
● Remove animals prior to treatment for indoor space treatments in livestock housing.
● Except when applying to livestock (domestic animals), do not enter or allow others to enter until sprays have dried.
● When used in dairy barns or facilities: Close milk bulk tank lids to prevent contamination from spray and from dead or falling insects. Remove or cover milking utensils before application. Wash teats of animals before milking.
● Remove poultry before treating poultry houses.
● DO NOT use this product on companion animals (pets), including cats and dogs.
● DO NOT apply this product in hospital rooms while occupied or in any rooms occupied by the elderly or infirm. Remove patients from room prior to treatment and thoroughly ventilate (2 hr) after application. DO NOT return patients to room until after ventilation.
● DO NOT use in patient rooms in hospitals and nursing homes for treatment of bed bugs.
● DO NOT apply to classrooms when in use.
● DO NOT make outdoor applications during rain.
● DO NOT water treated areas outdoors to the point of runoff. All outdoor applications must be limited to spot or Crack & Crevice® treatments only, except for the following permitted uses:
• Treatment to soil or vegetation adjacent to structures;
• Applications to building foundations, up to a maximum height of 3 ft.
Other than applications to building foundations, all outdoor applications to impervious surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways, patios, porches and structural surfaces (such as windows, door and eaves) are limited to spot and Crack & Crevice applications only. Not for broadcast use on indoor residential surfaces.
● Application is prohibited directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies or aquatic habitats can occur. DO NOT allow the product to enter any drain during or after application.
Apply according to specific directions for pest(s) to be treated.
CRACK & CREVICE APPLICATION: Inject this product into cracks and crevices or void spaces where insects may be harboring, living and breeding. Place injector tip into cracks, crevices, holes and other small openings. Apply product for 1 sec. For light infestations, move injector tip along cracks while treating at the rate of 3 ft/sec. For heavy infestations, move injector tip along at 1 ft/sec. For treatment of inaccessible voids (including wall and equipment voids), calculate the void’s cubic area and treat at the rate of 3 to 5 sec/3 ft3. Several holes may be required in long-running voids.
DIRECT SPRAY: Apply the product in short bursts into the area where insects are to be contacted such as corners of the room, behind and under furniture or equipment. Apply from a distance of 18 to 24” from the surface and allow the material to drift to the area to be treated. The amount of product applied is not to exceed 10 sec/room for residential areas or 10 sec/100 ft2 for commercial areas.
SPACE SPRAY: Open cabinets and closets in area to be treated. Turn off air conditioners, fans, close doors and windows before treating. Calculate the cubic footage of the area to be treated and apply as follows: Flying Insects: Apply at the rate of 1 to 3 sec/1,000 ft3. Crawling Insects: Apply at a rate of 20 sec/1,000 ft3. Disperse toward areas suspected of harboring the greatest insect infestations. Disperse in all locations contacting as many insects as possible. Keep area closed for 15 min. Open and thoroughly ventilate before reoccupying. For Treatment of Inaccessible Voids (such as false ceilings, wall and equipment voids): Calculate the volume of the void (in ft3) and treat at the prescribed rate for the pest(s) to be treated. Several holes may be required in long-running voids.
Apply this product as a Crack & Crevice treatment, space spray and/or direct spray. Apply according to the Application Instructions unless otherwise instructed below.
CLUSTER FLIES, CLOVER MITES, FLIES, FRUIT FLIES, GNATS, HOUSE FLIES, MOSQUITOES, SMALL FLYING MOTHS AND STABLE FLIES, WASPS AND BEES: Perform a directed, space or void treatment in infested areas. INSIDE STRUCTURAL VOIDS: Locate all insect entrances and close all but one opening. Apply product through that opening.
ANTS, BOOKLICE, CLOVER MITES, COCKROACHES, CRICKETS, MILLIPEDES, SILVERFISH, SOWBUGS AND SPIDERS: Treat harborage areas such as behind baseboards, sinks, cabinets, meter boxes, door frames, corners of rooms and windows. Open and thoroughly ventilate the treated area before reoccupying.
BED BUGS: Take bed apart. Treat joints and channels if hollow, such as square or round tubing, and see that the interior framework is treated. Treat mattresses, especially tufts, folds and edges. Cover mattresses with clean bedding before use. When bed bugs are found in upholstered furniture, apply only to the infested tufts, seams, folds and edges and underneath all areas, but do not apply to flat surfaces where human contact will occur. Apply as a Crack & Crevice treatment to all baseboards, moldings, beneath floor coverings and carpets, closets, shelves, curtains, furniture and picture frames. Direct spray into areas where bed bugs harbor. DO NOT use in patient rooms in hospitals and nursing homes for treatment of bed bugs. Reapply every 7 to 10 days, as needed, until infestation is eliminated.
CARPET BEETLES (in Residences): Hold product 36” above floor and direct spray toward floor and lower walls, treating at the rate of 10 sec/100 ft2. Also apply to cracks and crevices near the source of the infestation.
STORED PRODUCT PESTS - For exposed adult and larval stages of Angoumois Grain Moths (crawling), Carpet Beetles, Chocolate Moths, Cigarette Beetles, Confused Flour Beetles, Drug Store Beetles, Grain Mites, Granary Weevils, Grain Mites, Granary Weevils, Indianmeal Moths, Mediterranean Flour Moths (flying), Red Flour Beetles, Rice Weevils and Sawtoothed Grain Beetles: Apply as a Crack & Crevice, direct spray, or space spray into cracks and crevices/corners of pantries, cabinets, food processing and handling equipment and other places where insects harbor. Apply around cartons, containers and other areas where these insects tend to congregate. Discard infested stored products, or fumigate or treat by other effective methods using an approved product intended for this purpose.
FLEAS (in Buildings): Hold container 36” above floor and direct spray toward floor and lower walls at the rate of 10 sec/100 ft2. Ensure that the underneath and lower surfaces of furniture are contacted. Keep area closed for 15 min. Open and thoroughly ventilate before reoccupying. Repeat treatment after 7 days if necessary.
TICKS: Hold container 36” above the floor and direct spray toward pet beds and resting quarters, treating at the rate of 10 sec/100 ft2. Apply as a Crack & Crevice treatment into adjacent cracks and crevices such as behind baseboards and edges of carpet and floor covers. Treat higher cracks such as upper door jams and window framing, behind pictures and other areas where females may crawl to lay eggs.
FOOD HANDLING ESTABLISHMENTS
Use this product only in the non-food/feed areas of food handling establishments.
Food handling establishments are places other than private residences in which food is held, processed, prepared or served.
FOOD AREAS: Include areas for receiving, serving, storing (dry, cold, frozen, raw), packing (canning, bottling, wrapping, boxing), preparing (cleaning, slicing, cooking, grinding), edible waste storage and enclosed processing systems (mills, dairies, edible oils, syrups).
NON-FOOD AREAS: Include areas such as garbage rooms, lavatories, floor drains (to sewers), entries and vestibules, offices, locker rooms, machine rooms, boiler rooms, garages, mop closets and storage areas (after canning or bottling).
Apply according to specific directions for pest(s) to be treated.
INDOOR AND OUTDOOR USE
MUD DAUBER AND WASP NESTS: Spray directly on insects and their nests from a distance of approx. 2 ft. Spray into hiding and breeding places, contacting as many insects as possible.
KENNELS: For open construction (fences only), spray toward fly resting sites. For closed kennels (boarded or enclosed), remove animals prior to application; turn off air conditioner, close all doors and windows, and spray at rate of 1 to 2 sec/1,000 ft3. Thoroughly ventilate before returning animals. DO NOT use this product on companion animals/pets (including cats and dogs).
For campground applications, remove or cover all exposed food and cooking utensils. Cover all food handling surfaces or wash thoroughly after treatment and before use.
DO NOT use on edible crops.
FLIES, GNATS AND MOSQUITOES - GROUND APPLICATION: Treat landscapes and open areas around residence, outer buildings and in campgrounds. Apply at a rate of 5 to 15 sec/1,000 ft2. Apply in wide swaths across the area to be treated. Allow treatment to penetrate dense foliage. Best results are obtained when wind speed is ≤ 5 mph.
BEES, CLOVER MITES CLUSTER FLIES, FLIES, MUD DAUBERS AND WASPS: Apply directly on insects and their nests from approx. 18”. Disperse into hiding and breeding places (voids) contacting as many insects as possible.
USE ON LIVESTOCK AND IN AND AROUND LIVESTOCK HOUSING
Use to combat Fleas, Gnats, Horn Flies, House Flies, Lice, Mosquitoes, Small Flying Moths, Stable Flies and Ticks.
REMOVE LIVESTOCK BEFORE APPLYING AS A SPACE SPRAY.
DAIRY FARMS - Milking Parlor and Milk Room: Close all windows and doors. Close milk bulk tank lids to prevent contamination from spray and from dead or falling insects. Remove or cover milking utensils before application. Direct spray upward, and in all directions at a rate of 1 to 3 sec/1,000 ft3. Keep room closed for 15 min following application. Wash teats of animals before milking.
DOMESTIC ANIMAL USE (Cattle, Hogs, Horses, Ponies. DO NOT spray sick animals): Thoroughly spray entire animal, from a distance of approx. 2 ft, as it is being released to pasture. DO NOT spray directly toward animal’s face or eyes. Spot treat withers, shoulders and back where saliva accumulates from head tossing. Use 2 to 4 sec/animal.
STANCHION BARN USE: Walk behind animals and direct spray over backs allowing 1 sec/animal. For most effective results, apply each morning.
BEEF CATTLE OPERATIONS: In barns, close all windows and doors. Spray at the rate of 1 to 2 sec/1,000 ft3. Keep area closed for 15 min following application. If area cannot be closed, double the dosage.
HORSE BARNS AND STABLES: Close all windows and doors. Spray at a rate of 1 to 2 sec/1,000 ft3. Keep area closed for 15 min following application. If area cannot be closed, double the dosage.
POULTRY OPERATIONS: Use only in empty poultry houses (when birds are not present). Close all windows and doors. Spray at the rate of 1 to 2 sec/1,000 ft3. Keep area closed for 15 min following application. Thoroughly ventilate before reintroducing the birds to the treated area. If area cannot be closed, double the dosage.
HOG OPERATIONS: In hog houses, close all windows and doors. Spray at the rate of 1 to 2 sec/1,000 ft3. Keep area closed for 15 min following application. If area cannot be closed, double the dosage. For animal application, direct spray over backs and spray for 1 to 2 sec/hog. DO NOT spray directly toward animal’s face or eyes. DO NOT spray sick animals. DO NOT ship animals for slaughter within 5 days of last application.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
DO NOT contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry area away from heat or open flame and inaccessible to children.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Wastes resulting from use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
CONTAINER DISPOSAL: DO NOT puncture or incinerate! If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling, if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
Contains no CFCs or other ozone depleting substances.
Federal regulations prohibit CFC propellants in aerosols.
CONDITIONS OF SALE AND WARRANTY
Follow the Directions for Use. It is impossible to eliminate all risks inherently associated with use of this product, and therefore all such risk shall be assumed by the Buyer. BASF warrants that this product conforms to the chemical description on the label and is reasonably fit for the purposes referred to in the Directions for Use, subject to the inherent risks, referred to above. TO THE EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW: (A) BASF MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY, (B) BUYER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND BASF’S AND SELLER’S EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPAYMENT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT, AND (C) BASF AND THE SELLER DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR HANDLING OF THIS PRODUCT. BASF and the Seller offer this product, and the Buyer accepts it, subject to these Conditions of Sale and Warranty which may be varied only by agreement in writing signed by a duly authorized representative of BASF.
Clear Zone and Crack & Crevice are registered trademarks of BASF.
© 2014 BASF Corporation
All rights reserved.
Based on: NVA 2014-04-416-0238
Supersedes: NVA 2013-04-416-0172
BASF Corporation, 26 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
We create chemistry
NET CONTENTS: 1 pound, 4 ounces (20 oz)
26 DAVIS DR., P.O. BOX 13528, RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC, 27709-3528
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-29