Catego for CatsThis page contains information on Catego for Cats for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Catego for Cats Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Catego for Cats
- Direction and dosage information for Catego for Cats
Catego for CatsThis treatment applies to the following species:
Over 1.5 lbs 8 weeks or older
Kills adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks, and chewing lice
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
USE ONLY ON CATS AND KITTENS WEIGHING OVER 1.5 LBS AND OVER 8 WEEKS OF AGE
If swallowed: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If in eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If on skin or clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 - 20 minutes. Call a poison control center, doctor, or 1-800-999-0297 immediately for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may contact 1-800-999-0297 for emergency medical information.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS
WarningMay be fatal if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Harmful if absorbed through the skin. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco products, or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Hazards To Domestic Animals
For external use only on cats and kittens weighing over 1.5 lbs and over 8 weeks of age. Do not use this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant or nursing cats or cats known to be sensitive to pesticide products without first consulting a veterinarian.
Monitor your cat after application. Individual sensitivity, such as slight transitory redness, erythema, scratching, pruritus or other signs of discomfort at the site of application, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for cats. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your cat with mild soap or shampoo and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs of individual animal sensitivity occur and persist, contact your veterinarian. Gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects occur, consult your veterinarian or call us at 1-800-999-0297. Have the product container or label with you when calling your veterinarian for advice.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
● FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
● Do not have contact or allow children to have contact with treated areas until treatment is completely dry.
● Do not allow children to apply this product.
● Do not apply more than one tube per treatment.
● Use only on cats.
● Do not allow your cat to ingest this product.
HOW TO OPEN:
● Separate one unit from the others.
● Cut on both dotted lines with scissors.
● Open plastic lid.
● Remove tube.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Ensure your cat is dry before applying the product, and ensure your cat remains dry for 24 hours after application. The cat should be standing or in a comfortable position for easy application.
2. Remove the tube from the package.
3. Holding the tube upright, pointing away from you and your cat’s face, place your thumb and index finger around the applicator tip under the large disk. With the other hand, grasp the stem of the applicator tip above the small disk. Press down firmly on the small disk until both disks meet, piercing the seal. (See illustration).
4. Part the hair down to the level of the skin and slowly apply the product at the base of the cat or kitten’s head until the tube is completely empty, as shown in the diagram below. Avoid superficial application to the cat’s hair. Do not get the product in your cat’s eyes or mouth.
5. Discard the empty tube as outlined in the Storage and Disposal section.
6. Repeat every month, or as recommended by your veterinarian.
7. For optimal treatment, control and prevention of adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks and chewing lice, year-round monthly application is recommended.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry place. Protect from freezing.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL AND CONTAINER DISPOSAL: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling, if available. If partially filled: call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Limited Warranty And Limitation Of Damages
Seller warrants that the material conforms to the chemical parameters of the US EPA registration and the label. Seller makes no warranty to the extent consistent with applicable law, express or implied, other than indicated on the label. Buyer and user assume all risk of use and handling of this material when such use and handling are contrary to the label directions. To the extent consistent with applicable law, any damages arising from a breach of this warranty shall be limited to direct damages and shall not include consequential commercial damages such as loss of profit or values.
C708510B-US / 08-A1-v2
Ceva Animal Health, LLC, 8735 Rosehill Road, Lenexa, KS 66215
Catego® is a registered trademark of Ceva Santé Animale S.A.
EPA Reg. No. 83399-15
EPA Est. No. 68669-NC-1
Presentation: 1 dose (36 x 0.50 mL), 3 doses (12 x 0.50 mL), and 6 doses (6 x 0.50 mL).
8735 ROSEHILL ROAD, STE. 300, LENEXA, KS, 66215
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Catego for Cats information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30