Bursine-2 (Canada)This page contains information on Bursine-2 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bursine-2 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bursine-2
- Direction and dosage information for Bursine-2
Bursine-2This treatment applies to the following species:
Bursal Disease Vaccine
READ IN FULL
For veterinary use only.
FOR WATER ADMINISTRATION ONLY
Store in the dark between 2° and 7°C.
Protect from freezing.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
Bursine®-2 is a live virus vaccine useful as an aid in the prevention of infectious bursal disease (IBD) of chickens.
Bursine-2 is well-suited for the priming of breeder replacement pullets prior to the vaccination with an inactivated IBD vaccine.
Chickens: Vaccinate healthy chickens via the drinking water at 7 days of age or older.
Breeders: When used as a primer for an inactivated IBD vaccine, Bursine-2 should be administered via the drinking water 6 to 8 weeks prior to administration of the inactivated product.
To Reconstitute The Vaccine
Remove the rubber stopper and half-fill the vaccine vial with clean, cool, non-chlorinated tap water or distilled water if available. Replace the rubber stopper and shake until vaccine is in solution. This vaccine may be used for water administration only. Follow directions carefully.
DRINKING WATER ADMINISTRATION
1. Never use less than one dose per bird.
2. Discontinue all medication and sanitizers in water 24 hours before and for 24 hours following vaccination.
3. Withhold water for 2 hours before vaccinating to stimulate thirst.
4. Provide enough waterers so that two-thirds of the birds can drink at the same time. Scrub them with fresh, clean, non-chlorinated water without a disinfectant; then drain. Turn off automatic waterers, so only vaccine water is consumed. Do not administer through medication tanks or medicators.
5. Reconstitute the vaccine as directed.
6. Use a clean container partially filled with cool, fresh, clean, non-chlorinated water. Add 30 g (2 tablespoonfuls) of dried skim milk powder for each 10 litres of final drinking water before adding the rehydrated vaccine. Stir mixture until the dried skim milk powder is in solution.
7. Add the vaccine-water mixture to the final volume of water. For each 1,000 doses, use approximately 10 to 20 litres of water for birds 1 to 4 weeks of age and 20 to 40 litres of water for breeder pullets 8 weeks of age and older.
8. Distribute evenly in the clean waterers. Do not place in sunlight. Return to regular watering only after vaccine-water-milk mixture is consumed. The water should be consumed within two hours. (1 litre = 0.22 imp. gal.)
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
This product should be stored, transported and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination took place; any reactions observed.
List No. 7474: 10 x 1,000
84375: 10 x 5,000
7473: 10 x 10,000
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
NAC No.: 1198363.2
16,740 TRANS-CANADA HIGHWAY, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Technical Services Canada:||800-461-0917|
|Technical Services USA:||800-366-5288|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bursine-2 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-05-30