Breedervac Reo-PlusThis page contains information on Breedervac Reo-Plus for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Breedervac Reo-Plus Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Breedervac Reo-Plus
- Direction and dosage information for Breedervac Reo-Plus
Breedervac Reo-PlusThis treatment applies to the following species:
BURSAL DISEASE-REOVIRUS VACCINE, Standard & Variant, Killed Virus
This vaccine is prepared using specific pathogen free (SPF) or approved substrates and contains Standard, GLS, and Delaware (A and E) strains of infectious bursal disease virus, and two strains of avian reovirus (1733 and 2408), inactivated and suspended in the aqueous phase of an oil adjuvant emulsion.
Breedervac Reo-Plus Indications
For the vaccination of healthy chickens 3 weeks of age or older as an aid in the prevention of Infectious Bursal Disease (Standard, Delaware and GLS variants) and diseases caused by avian reoviruses. The IBD fraction is used primarily for early protection of progeny with maternal antibodies, and the Reovirus fraction is used to protect the breeder hen against tenosynovitis and the progeny against malabsorption.
ADMINISTRATION: Allow the vaccine to reach ambient temperature, 16° to 27°C (60° to 80°F), shake well before use and periodically during use. Inject 0.5 ml intramuscularly or subcutaneously in chickens using an 18-gauge x 1/2” or 1/4” needle.
VACCINATION PROGRAM: Although this vaccine can be used for primary vaccination at three weeks of age or older, available evidence suggests that the best protection is obtained when it is used for revaccination of chickens previously immunized (primed) with the same type of live virus vaccines.
Example: Breeder chickens.
Primary vaccination with modified live mild avian reovirus vaccine prior to 12 weeks of age.
Primary vaccination with live bursal disease vaccine prior to 12 weeks of age.
Primary vaccination with live Newcastle and bronchitis vaccines on at least two occasions prior to 12 weeks of age.
These primary vaccinations would then be followed by vaccination with BREEDERVAC-REO-PLUS at 16-22 weeks of age. A minimum of four weeks should elapse between the last live virus priming and injection with BREEDERVAC REO-PLUS. Local conditions must be taken into consideration and, where necessary, veterinary advice should be sought.
IMMUNITY: It is evident that for optimal protection, preceding vaccination with live vaccines (priming) should have taken place. Generally, in flocks vaccinated with BREEDERVAC-REO-PLUS, a protective level of immunity will be achieved with only small variations between individual chickens.
Store at 2° to 7°C (35° to 45°F) in the dark. Do not freeze.
1. TO AVOID HUMAN INJECTION, EXTREME CAUTION SHOULD BE USED WHEN INJECTING ANY OIL EMULSION VACCINE. ACCIDENTAL HUMAN INJECTION MAY CAUSE SERIOUS LOCAL REACTIONS. CONTACT A PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY IF ACCIDENTAL HUMAN INJECTION OCCURS.
2. Do not administer this vaccine during the critical egg laying period from onset until after peak production. Administration of this product during the lay period may result in a drop in egg production.
3. Injection of inactivated vaccine into breast muscle may create processing plant problems under certain conditions.
4. Do not vaccinate chickens within 42 days before slaughter.
5. This vaccine contains gentamicin, neomycin and thimerosal as preservatives.
6. Do not mix this vaccine with any other substances.
7. Use entire contents when first opened.
8. Ensure that vaccination equipment is clean and sterile before use.
9. Do not use vaccination equipment with rubber parts, as the oil emulsion may attack certain types of rubber.
10. The use of any inactivated vaccine may cause false positive results on Mycoplasma plate tests. Avoid Mycoplasma testing prior to ten weeks post-vaccination.
11. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
NOTICE: This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc., U.S. and local requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
RECORDS: Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
Intervet Inc., Merck Animal Health, division of Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103, USA
U.S. Vet Lic. No 165A
1 800 211-3573 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (CAN)
For patent information:
500mL (1000 doses)
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Breedervac Reo-Plus information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2021 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-10-04