Skip to main content

Bite Free Biting Fly Repellent

This page contains information on Bite Free Biting Fly Repellent for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
  • Bite Free Biting Fly Repellent Indications
  • Warnings and cautions for Bite Free Biting Fly Repellent
  • Direction and dosage information for Bite Free Biting Fly Repellent

Bite Free Biting Fly Repellent

This treatment applies to the following species:
Company: Farnam

Up to 14 Days Fly Control

Protects Against Biting & Nuisance Flies, Gnats, Mosquitoes and Lice

Repels and Kills Deer Ticks that May Transmit Lyme Disease

Active Ingredients

Cypermethrin, CAS #52315-07-8


Pyrethrins, CAS #8003-34-7


Piperonyl Butoxide*, CAS #51-03-6


Butoxypolypropylene Glycol, CAS #9003-13-8






*(butyl carbityl)(6-propylpiperonyl) ether and related compounds.


Bite Free Biting Fly Repellent Caution



Bite Free Biting Fly Repellent Caution

HUMANS: Harmful if inhaled. Avoid breathing spray mist. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Wear long-sleeved shirt and long pants, socks and shoes, and chemical-resistant gloves made of any waterproof material.

HORSES: Do not allow product to contact animal’s eyes, nose, mouth, or sores during application. Do not use on foals under 12 weeks.


● User should wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.

● User should remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.

● Users should remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.


Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.

If inhaled

● Move person to fresh air.

● If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably by mouth-to-mouth, if possible.

If in eyes

● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.

● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.

If on skin or clothing

● Take off contaminated clothing.

● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.

If swallowed

● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.

● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.

● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.

● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.

In case of medical emergencies or health and safety inquiries or in case of fire, leaking or damaged containers, or for product use information, call 800-234-2269.

Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.

ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: This product is extremely toxic to fish and aquatic vertebrates. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run off to water bodies or drainage systems. This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are foraging the treatment area.

Directions For Use

It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.

Do not use in outdoor residential misting systems. Do not allow adults, children, or pets to enter the treated area or contact treated surfaces until sprays have dried. Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person or pet, either directly or through drift. Keep people and pets out of the area during application. Exit area immediately and remain outside the treated area until sprays have dried. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Not for use on horses or foals intended for slaughter. Shake well before using. To protect horses from horse flies, house flies, stable flies, face flies, horn flies, deer flies, gnats, mosquitoes, lice, ticks and deer ticks that may transmit Lyme disease, thoroughly brush the horse’s coat prior to application to remove loose dirt and debris. For dirty horses, shampoo and rinse thoroughly. Wait until the coat is completely dry before applying Bite Free™ Biting Fly Repellent. Bite Free™ Biting Fly Repellent’s unique water-resistant formula contains a special conditioner that binds to the hair shaft so it keeps working even in moist conditions or when the horse sweats. Do not use more than 11 oz per animal. Do not spray product when food is present.

This product may be applied either as a spray or as a wipe. For horse’s face, always apply as a wipe using a piece of clean, absorbent cloth toweling or sponge. Wear rubber glove or mitt when applying as a wipe. Spray or wipe horse’s entire body while brushing against the lay of the coat to insure adequate coverage. Avoid getting spray into horse’s eyes, nose, or mouth.

Apply liberally for best results. Reapply every 5 to 7 days under normal conditions for initial applications. As protection builds, reapply every 10 to 14 days as needed. Also, reapply each time animal is washed or exposed to heavy rain.

STORAGE and DISPOSAL: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in original container in a dry place inaccessible to children and pets. If a leaky container must be contained within another, mark the outer container to identify the contents. Store pesticides away from food, pet food, seed, fertilizers, and veterinary supplies. PESTICIDE DISPOSAL AND CONTAINER HANDLING: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.

To the extent consistent with applicable law, Buyer assumes all risk of use, storage, or handling of this product not in strict accordance with directions given herein.

EPA REG. No. 270-251

EPA Est. No. 2724-TX-1

Farnam - Your Partner in Horse Care

Manufactured for: FARNAM COMPANIES, INC., 1501 East Woodfield Road 200W, Schaumburg, IL 60173

In case of emergency or for product use information, call 800-234-2269

©2008, 2010, 2015, 2021 Farnam Companies, Inc.

Bite Free, Farnam with design and Your Partner in Horse Care are trademarks of Farnam Companies, Inc.

Net Contents

Product Code:

RM #:


1 Qt (.946 L)




CPN: 1000006.4

711 E. MISSOURI AVE.,, SUITE 200, PHOENIX, AZ, 85014
Telephone:   602-285-1660
Toll-Free:   800-234-2269
THIS SERVICE AND DATA ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". DVMetrics assumes no liability, and each user assumes full risk, responsibility, and liability, related to its use of the DVMetrics service and data. See the Terms of Use for further details.

Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-02-28