Bansect Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs (over 33 lbs)This page contains information on Bansect Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs (over 33 lbs) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bansect Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs (over 33 lbs) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bansect Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs (over 33 lbs)
- Direction and dosage information for Bansect Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs (over 33 lbs)
Bansect Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs (over 33 lbs)This treatment applies to the following species:
For Use Only On Dogs Over 33 lbs
1 Month Supply
DO NOT USE ON CATS
KILLS AND REPELS FLEAS & TICKS FOR up to 4 WEEKS
● Kills and repels fleas & ticks quickly
● One easy application for effective control
Permethrin* (CAS #52645-53-1)
*Cis/trans ratio: max 55% (±) cis and min 45% (±) trans
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Bansect Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs (over 33 lbs) Caution
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Bansect Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs (over 33 lbs) Caution
Hazards to Humans: Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum or using tobacco or using the toilet.
Hazards to Domestic Animals: For external use only. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using any pesticide product on dogs. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Do not treat your dog with more than one pesticide product at a time. Over dosing your dog can result in serious illness and even death. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated, debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing dogs. Consult a veterinarian before using on dogs with known organ dysfunction. If your dog is exhibiting signs of and/or is being treated for skin dermatitis, talk to your veterinarian before applying any topical flea and tick control product.
If in eyes:
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-781-4738 for emergency medical treatment information.
This product is extremely toxic to fish and aquatic organisms. Do not apply directly to or near water. Drift and run-off may be hazardous to fish in water adjacent to treated areas. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwaters or rinsate. See Directions for Use for additional precautions and requirements. Treated dogs should not be allowed to go swimming for 12 hours following treatment.
PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS
Combustible: Do not use or store near heat or open flame.
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
USE ONLY ON DOGS
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Do not apply on dogs less than 6 months old. Repeat applications may be made as necessary, but do not apply at intervals less than 7 days. Do not allow your dog to ingest this product. Use entire content of tube vial on each dog. Do not split one tube between dogs. Do not use multiple tubes on one dog. Weigh your dog to be sure you are applying the right dose formulated for the weight of your dog. Separate the treated dog from all other dogs and cats for 24 hours after treatment has been applied.
Side Effects: Monitor your dog after application. The most common signs of ingestion are excessive salivation and foaming at the mouth. If these symptoms occur, immediately feed your dog and continue to monitor your dog for the next 24 hours. Some dogs may experience temporary startle effects when any product is applied. Dogs may experience some temporary irritation at the site of the product application such as redness, scratching or other signs of discomfort. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your dog with a mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs persist or become more severe within a few days of application, consult a veterinarian immediately by calling 1-800-781-4783. If your dog has an unusual reaction to the initial application, consult a veterinarian before repeating application.
DO NOT USE ON CATS. May be toxic and potentially fatal if applied to or ingested by cats. Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours. Cats that actively groom or engage in close physical contact with treated dog may be at risk of serious harmful effects. Cats exhibiting signs of ingestion such as excessive salivation and foaming at the mouth should be taken to the veterinarian immediately.
What the drops do: Sergeant’s® Bansect® Squeeze-On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs kills and repels fleas and ticks on your dog for up to 4 weeks. It is also recommended that you use a product labeled to treat your dog’s basket and favorite sleeping area.
How to Apply:
1. ONLY for dogs weighing over 33 lbs., the contents of this package provides a 1 month supply. Remove product tube from the package. Holding tube with top end pointing up and away from the face and body, cut off top end. 2. Use open end to part the dog’s coat to expose the skin between the shoulder blades, at the nape of the neck, then squeeze approximately one-half the contents of one tube onto the exposed skin. 3. Next, part the dog’s coat at the base of the tail, then squeeze the remaining contents of the tube onto exposed skin. If the dog’s coat is subsequently wetted, such as when shampooing, the 4 week period of protection may be reduced.
Additional precautions to protect your dog: 1. Do not massage the drops into the dog’s skin. Avoid applying to the dog’s fur. 2. Do not administer any other flea control product to your dog during the 4 week period of protection. 3. Retreat after 28 days if infestation is apparent.
Additional precautions to protect your family: Do not allow children to play with tubes. A dog treated with this product should not sleep with people, particularly children, for 8 hours immediately following treatment. Do not handle the area of application for 3 to 6 hours following treatment.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. PESTICIDE STORAGE: Do not remove tube from the pack until ready to use. Store in a cool (below 25°C) dry place out of reach of children and pets. Do not refrigerate. Protect from direct sunlight. PESTICIDE DISPOSAL AND CONTAINER HANDLING: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
In Case of an Emergency, call 1-800-781-4738. Non-Emergency, call 1-800-224-PETS (7387)
EPA Reg. No.: 69332-1-2517
EPA Est. No.: 063416-MN-001M
EPA Est. No.: 2517-NE-02K
Superscript is the first letter in lot code.
If you have questions or comments about this product, please write: Sergeant’s Consumer Response, P.O. Box 540399, Omaha, NE 68154-0399
Distributed by: Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc., P.O. Box 540399, Omaha, NE 68154-0399
One 3.0 mL (0.10 fl oz) Tube
Part of PetIQ
P.O. BOX 540399, OMAHA, NE, 68154-0399
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-12-02