Bacitracin MD (Canada)This page contains information on Bacitracin MD for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bacitracin MD Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bacitracin MD
- Direction and dosage information for Bacitracin MD
Bacitracin MDThis treatment applies to the following species:
(Bacitracin Methylenedisalicylate Premix)
For Veterinary Use Only
Bacitracin Methylenedisalicylate equivalent to Bacitracin
For manufacturing complete feeds for broiler chickens, turkeys, growing and finishing swine, pregnant and lactating sows or gilts.
DO NOT FEED UNDILUTED.
INDICATIONS & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
BACITRACIN MD is an antibiotic in premix form that may be used for the following indications and dosages:
1) Broiler chickens for reduction of early mortality due to diminished feed consumption and chilling.
Mix 1.0 kg of Bacitracin MD per 999.0 kg of complete feed to provide a bacitracin concentration of 110 mg/kg. Feed to 1 week of age.
2) Broiler chickens, turkeys, and growing and finishing swine as an aid in improving the rate of gain and feed efficiency.
Mix 0.04 kg (40 g) of Bacitracin MD per 999.96 kg of complete feed to provide a bacitracin concentration of 4.4 mg/kg. Feed continuously to market weight.
Note: The extent of improvement in animal production performance with use of this drug may not be achieved in modern husbandry systems and may be less than that demonstrated in earlier studies. Periodic evaluation for efficacy is recommended. Use of this product should be contingent upon demonstration of efficacy following evaluation. Consult your veterinarian and/or nutritionist. Do not use this product if they determine that improvement in animal health and performance from use of this product has not occurred following evaluation.
3) Broiler chickens for prevention of necrotic enteritis caused by Clostridium perfringens susceptible to bacitracin.
Mix 0.5 kg of Bacitracin MD with 999.5 kg of complete feed to provide a bacitracin concentration of 55 mg/kg. Feed continuously to market weight.
4) Pregnant and lactating sows or gilts: For prevention of clostridial enteritis in suckling piglets caused by Clostridium spp. susceptible to bacitracin. Clostridial enteritis in piglets has a low incidence in Canada.
Mix 2.5 kg of Bacitracin MD with 997.5 kg of complete feed to provide a bacitracin concentration of 275 mg/kg. Feed continuously for 2 1/2 weeks before farrowing through 3 weeks after farrowing.
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use in feeds containing pellet binding agents with the exception of Ameri-Bond 2x (calcium lignosulfonate) and Pel-Stik.
Store at or below 30°C in a dry place. Protect contents from humidity after opening.
Net 25 kg
Bio Agri Mix LP, PO Box 399, Mitchell, ON, N0K 1N0
Rev. 07 Jun/13
NAC No.: 11610380
P.O. BOX 399, 11 ELLENS STREET, MITCHELL, ON, N0K 1N0
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bacitracin MD information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-07-10