Bacitracin MD (Canada)This page contains information on Bacitracin MD for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bacitracin MD Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bacitracin MD
- Direction and dosage information for Bacitracin MD
Bacitracin MDThis treatment applies to the following species:
(Bacitracin Methylenedisalicylate Premix)
For Veterinary Use Only
Bacitracin Methylenedisalicylate equivalent to Bacitracin
For manufacturing complete feeds for broiler chickens and pregnant and lactating sows or gilts.
DO NOT FEED UNDILUTED.
Bacitracin MD Indications & Directions For Use
To reduce the development of antimicrobial resistance and maintain effectiveness, use this antibiotic prudently and for the shortest duration required to achieve the desired clinical outcome.
BACITRACIN MD is an antibiotic in premix form that may be used for the following indications and dosages:
1) Broiler chickens for reduction of early mortality due to diminished feed consumption and chilling.
Mix 1.0 kg of Bacitracin MD per 999.0 kg of complete feed to provide a bacitracin concentration of 110 mg/kg. Feed to 1 week of age.
2) Broiler chickens for prevention of necrotic enteritis caused by Clostridium perfringens susceptible to bacitracin.
Mix 0.5 kg of Bacitracin MD with 999.5 kg of complete feed to provide a bacitracin concentration of 55 mg/kg. Feed continuously to market weight.
3) Pregnant and lactating sows or gilts: For prevention of clostridial enteritis in suckling piglets caused by Clostridium spp. susceptible to bacitracin. Clostridial enteritis in piglets has a low incidence in Canada.
Mix 2.5 kg of Bacitracin MD with 997.5 kg of complete feed to provide a bacitracin concentration of 275 mg/kg. Feed continuously for 2 1/2 weeks before farrowing through 3 weeks after farrowing.
No withdrawal period is required when treated according to the label.
When handling the product, avoid inhalation, oral exposure and direct contact with skin or eyes.
Keep out of reach of children.
Bacitracin MD Caution
Do not use in feeds containing pellet binding agents with the exception of Ameri-Bond 2x (calcium lignosulfonate) and Pel-Stik.
Store at or below 30°C in a dry place. Protect contents from humidity after opening.
Net 25 kg
Bio Agri Mix LP, PO Box 399, Mitchell, ON N0K 1N0
Rev. 9718- BAM Sep-20-17
P.O. BOX 399, 11 ELLENS STREET, MITCHELL, ON, N0K 1N0
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bacitracin MD information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2021 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-12-31