Apex-IHN (Canada)This page contains information on Apex-IHN for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Apex-IHN Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Apex-IHN
- Direction and dosage information for Apex-IHN
Apex-IHNThis treatment applies to the following species:
INFECTIOUS HAEMATOPOIETIC NECROSIS VIRUS VACCINE, DNA
For Veterinary Use Only
USES: For use in healthy salmonids as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by Infectious Haematopoietic Necrosis Virus.
VACCINATION PROGRAM: This vaccine has been shown to be safe and effective when administered by intramuscular injection to salmonids 10g or larger. It is recommended that vaccination should precede exposure of vaccinates to the disease agent by at least 400 degree-days (number of days multiplied by the mean water temperature [°C] during period). This product should be used as part of a comprehensive fish health program in consultation with a licensed veterinarian.
Dosage and AdministrationAnaesthetize fish to immobilize and administer a 0.05 mL intramuscular injection in the area immediately anterior and lateral to the dorsal fin in the epaxial muscle.
1. Shake well before use. Do not mix with other products.
2. Store in original container at 2-8°C (35-46°F). DO NOT FREEZE.
3. Use entire contents when first opened.
4. Vaccinate healthy fish only.
5. Do not vaccinate within 60 days of slaughter.
6. If accidental injection of the operator occurs, the operator should seek medical attention immediately.
7. Any unused product should be disposed of by incineration.
Manufacturer: Elanco Canada Limited, Charlottetown, PE, Canada C1E 2A7
Can. Vet. Biol. Est. Lic. No. 40.
Distributed in the US by: Elanco US, Inc., Fort Dodge, IA 50501
(US VPN 303A / PCN 17A5.D0) • 1-800-265-5475
Apex-IHN, Elanco and the diagonal bar logo are trademarks of Elanco or its affiliates.
250 mL (5000 doses)
Aqua Health Business
37 MCCARVILLE ST., WEST ROYALTY INDUSTRIAL PARK, CHARLOTTETOWN, PE, C1E 2A7
|Sales and Technical Information:||firstname.lastname@example.org (Marta Gameiro, Sr. Sales Manager Aqua)|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Apex-IHN information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-10-21