Anigen Rapid Canine Parvovirus-Coronavirus Antigen Test KitThis page contains information on Anigen Rapid Canine Parvovirus-Coronavirus Antigen Test Kit for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Anigen Rapid Canine Parvovirus-Coronavirus Antigen Test Kit Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Anigen Rapid Canine Parvovirus-Coronavirus Antigen Test Kit
- Direction and dosage information for Anigen Rapid Canine Parvovirus-Coronavirus Antigen Test Kit
Anigen Rapid Canine Parvovirus-Coronavirus Antigen Test KitThis treatment applies to the following species:
One-step Canine Parvovirus Antigen and Canine Coronavirus Antigen Test
The Canine Parvovirus-Coronavirus Antigen Test Kit is a chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of Canine Parvovirus antigen and Coronavirus antigen in canine feces.
The Anigen Rapid Canine Parvovirus Ag and Coronavirus Ag Test Kit has the letters “T” and “C” as the Test line and Control line on the surface of the device. Both the test line and control line in the result window are not visible before applying any samples. The control line is used for procedural control, and should always appear if the test procedure is performed properly and the test reagents of the control line are working. A purple test line will be visible in the result window if there is enough Canine Parvovirus antigen and/or Canine Coronavirus antigen in the specimen.
The specially selected Canine Parvovirus antibodies and Canine Coronavirus antibodies are used in the test band as both capture and detector materials. These enable the Anigen Rapid CPV/CCV Ag Test Kit to identify Canine Parvovirus antigen and Canine Coronavirus antigen in canine feces with a high degree of accuracy.
● Materials provided (10 tests/kit)
1) Ten(10) Anigen Rapid Canine Parvovirus-Coronavirus Antigen Test Devices
2) Ten(10) Specimen tubes containing assay diluent buffer (preservative: sodium azide)
3) Ten(10) Sample collection swabs
4) Ten(10) Disposable droppers
5) One(1) Instructions for use
1) For veterinary diagnostic use only.
2) For best results, strict adherence to the instructions is required.
3) All specimens should be handled as being potentially infectious.
4) Do not open or remove test kits from their individually sealed pouches until immediately before their use.
5) Do not use the test kit if the pouch is damaged or the seal is broken.
6) Do not reuse test kits.
7) All reagents must be at room temperature before running the assay.
8) Do not use reagents beyond the stated expiration date marked on the label.
9) The components in this kit have been quality control tested as a standard batch unit. Do not mix components from different lot numbers.
● Storage and Stability
The kit can be stored at room temperature (2-30°C) or refrigerated. The test kit is stable through the expiration date marked on the package label. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not store the test kit in direct sunlight.
● Specimen Collection and Preparation
1) Samples from canine feces should be used for this test.
2) The specimens should be tested immediately after collection.
● Procedure of the test
1) Collect a sample from canine feces using a swab.
2) Insert the swab into a specimen tube containing 1ml of assay diluent.
3) Mix the swab sample with the assay diluent vigorously to extract the viruses.
4) Remove a test device from an aluminum foil pouch, and place it on a flat and dry surface.
5) Using a disposable dropper provided, take an aliquot from the extracted and mixed sample in the tube.
6) If the feces particles are large, wait for 1 minute until the large particles are settled, and then take the supernatant of the sample in the tube.
7) Add four (4) drops into the sample hole using the disposable dropper. The assay diluent should be added exactly, slowly, drop by drop.
8) As the test begins to work, you will see a purple color move across the result window in the center of the test device. If the migration has not appeared after 1 minute, add one more drop of the mixed assay diluent to the sample well.
9) Interpret test results at 5 - 10 minutes. Do not decide after 20 minutes.
● Interpretation of the test
A color band will appear in the left section of the result window to show that the test is working properly. This band is the control band “C”. The right section of the result window indicates the test results. If another color band appears in the right section of the result window, this band is the test band “T”.
1) Negative Result
The presence of only one band “C” within the result window on both of the CPV Ag and CCV Ag test areas indicates a negative result.
2) Simultaneous Cpv And Ccv Positive Result
The presence of two color bands (“T” and “C”) within the result window on both of the CPV Ag and CCV Ag test areas respectively, no matter which band appears first, indicates a positive result of Canine Parvovirus and Canine Coronavirus simultaneously.
3) Cpv Positive Result
The presence of two color bands (“T” and “C”) within the result window on the CPV Ag test area, and the presence of only one band (“C”) within the result window on the CCV Ag test area, no matter which band appears first, indicates a positive result of Canine Parvovirus.
4) Ccv Positive Result
The presence of two color bands (“T” and “C”) within the result window on the CCV Ag test area, and the presence of only one band (“C”) within the result window on the CPV Ag test area, no matter which band appears first, indicates a positive result of Canine Coronavirus.
5) Invalid Result
If the purple color band is not visible within the result window after performing the test, the result is considered invalid. The directions may not have been followed correctly or the test may have deteriorated. It is recommended that the specimen be retested.
● Limitations of the test
Although the Anigen Rapid CPV/CCV Ag test kit is very accurate in detecting Canine Parvovirus antigen, a low incidence of false results can occur. Other clinically available tests are required if questionable results are obtained. As with all diagnostic tests, a definitive clinical diagnosis should not be based on the results of a single test, but should only be made by the veterinarian after all clinical and laboratory findings have been evaluated.
● Key for symbols on box
In vitro diagnostic
Store between 2-30°C
Read insert for full information.
Doc. No.: I1105-1E
Issued date: Sept. 10, 2013
Manufactured by BioNote, Inc., 2-9, Seogu-dong, Hwaseong-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea (445-170)
Tel: +82-31-211-0516, Fax: +82-31-8003-0618
Manufactured for Modern Veterinary Therapeutics, LLC, 18001 Old Cutler Road, Suite 633, Miami, Florida 33157 - USA
Tel.: +1 407 852 8039 Fax.: +1 305 503 8585
U.S. Permit No. 544B
NAC No.: 1305010.0
18001 OLD CUTLER ROAD, SUITE 633, MIAMI, FL, 33157
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Anigen Rapid Canine Parvovirus-Coronavirus Antigen Test Kit information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-03-29