Amprol 9.6% Solution (Canada)This page contains information on Amprol 9.6% Solution for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Amprol 9.6% Solution Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Amprol 9.6% Solution
- Direction and dosage information for Amprol 9.6% Solution
Amprol 9.6% SolutionThis treatment applies to the following species:
Veterinary Use Only
Net Contents 3.8L
Active Ingredient: Each mL contains 96 mg of amprolium
Amprol 9.6% Solution Indications
POULTRY - As an aid in the treatment of caecal coccidiosis in growing chickens and laying birds.
CALVES - As an aid in the treatment of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria bovis and E. zuernii in calves.
POULTRY - As soon as caecal coccidiosis is diagnosed, give 0.024% amprolium in the drinking water for 5 to 7 days. Continue the treatment with 0.006% amprolium medicated water for an additional one to two weeks. No other source of drinking water should be available to the birds during this time.
Use as the sole source of amprolium.
CALVES - 0.012% amprolium in drinking water for 5 days. At the usual rate of water consumption, this will provide a daily intake of approximately 10 mg of amprolium per kg of body weight. Give as the sole source of water during the treatment period.
NOTE - When one or more calves show signs of coccidiosis, it is likely that the rest of the group have been exposed, and all calves in the group should be treated.
MIXING DIRECTIONS: To prepare 200 L of medicated water:
Add 500 mL of AMPROL® 9.6% Solution to about 25 L of water in a 200 L medication barrel. Stir, then add water to the 200 L mark. STIR THOROUGHLY.
Use same directions as above but use 250 mL of AMPROL® 9.6% Solution.
Use same directions as above but use 125 mL of AMPROL® 9.6% Solution.
Amprol 9.6% Solution Caution
1. POULTRY - If no improvement is noted within 3 days, have the diagnosis reconfirmed and follow the instructions of your veterinarian or poultry pathologist. Losses may result from intercurrent disease or other conditions affecting drug intake which can contribute to the virulence of coccidiosis under field conditions.
2. CALVES - For a satisfactory diagnosis, a microscopic examination of the feces should be done before treatment. When treating outbreaks, drug should be administered promptly after diagnosis is determined.
Do not use in calves intended for future breeding.
Calves - Treated animals must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 7 days after the latest treatment with this drug.
Protect from freezing. Keep above 5°C.
®Trademark Huvepharma AD
Distributed by Bio Agri Mix LP, PO Box 399 Mitchell, ON N0K 1N0
NAC No.: 12990051
Distributed by BIO AGRI MIX LP
P.O. BOX 399, 11 ELLENS STREET, MITCHELL, ON, N0K 1N0
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Amprol 9.6% Solution information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30