Alpha Ject micro 4 (Canada)This page contains information on Alpha Ject micro 4 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Alpha Ject micro 4 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Alpha Ject micro 4
- Direction and dosage information for Alpha Ject micro 4
Alpha Ject micro 4This treatment applies to the following species:
Aeromonas salmonicida - Listonella (Vibrio) anguillarum - Vibrio salmonicida Bacterin
For Veterinary Use Only
A furunculosis, vibriosis and cold water vibriosis vaccine containing: formalin inactivated cultures of Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida, Listonella (Vibrio) anguillarum serotypes O1 and O2 and Vibrio salmonicida.
Alpha Ject micro 4 Indications
ALPHA JECT® micro 4 is recommended for use as an aid in the prevention of furunculosis caused by Aeromonas salmonicida, vibriosis caused by Listonella (Vibrio) anguillarum serotypes O1 and O2, and cold water vibriosis caused by Vibrio salmonicida in healthy Atlantic salmon, 15 g or larger.
Directions For Use
Bring slowly to 15-20°C and shake well before use.
Vaccinate healthy fish, 15 g or larger, intraperitoneally with 0.05 mL of bacterin per fish. Diseased fish should not be vaccinated. It is recommended that the fish be anesthetized prior to vaccination. Deposit the entire dose into the abdominal cavity in order to reduce the risk of side effects. The injection needle should have an appropriate length to penetrate the abdominal wall by 1-2 mm. The entire needle should be inserted into the midline about 1-1.5 pelvic fin lengths anterior to the base of the pelvic fin.
1. Use only at water temperatures above 1 °C.
2. A period of 400 degree days following the vaccination is recommended before exposure to the disease agents.
3. Only administer if the vaccine appears as a homogeneous, cream coloured emulsion after shaking. If the vaccine shows sign of a brownish water phase in the bottom of the container, the vaccine should not be used for vaccination. Contact the distributor for further advice.
4. Ensure that all vaccination equipment is sanitized before use.
5. Dispose of any unused product according to local biomedical waste disposal requirements.
6. Store out of the reach of children.
7. Vaccinate healthy fish only. Fish incubating disease or stressed due to shipping, malnutrition or parasitism may not achieve an adequate immune response.
8. Side effects in the form of visceral adhesions and pigmentation may be observed. A transient growth rate reduction due to the stress of handling may be noted following vaccination.
9. No information is available on the compatibility of this vaccine with any other veterinary medicinal product.
10. Do not vaccinate within 60 days prior to slaughter.
11. Do not use in fish intended for broodstock.
12. Ensure that the method of restraint, handling and administration minimizes the risk of accidental self injection. This product is a mineral oil-based compound. Accidental self injection may result in severe pain and swelling and requires prompt medical attention.
To the user:
This product contains mineral oil. Accidental injection/self injection may result in severe pain and swelling, particularly if injected into a joint or finger, and in rare cases could result in the loss of the affected finger if prompt medical attention is not given.
If you are accidentally injected with this product, seek prompt medical advice even if only a very small amount is injected and take the package leaflet with you.
If pain persists for more than 12 hours after medical examination, seek medical advice again.
To the physician:
This product contains mineral oil. Even if small amounts have been injected, accidental injection with this product can cause intense swelling, which may, for example, result in ischaemic necrosis and even the loss of a digit. Expert, PROMPT, surgical attention is required and may necessitate early incision and irrigation of the injected area, especially where there is involvement of finger pulp or tendon.
Repeated self injections may aggravate the effects or cause anaphylactic shock.
Store at 2-8°C (35-46°F). Do not freeze. Use the entire contents when first opened.
ALPHA JECT® micro 4 is supplied in 250 mL (5 000 doses) and 500 mL (10 000 dose) UVO injection bags.
PHARMAQ AS, Overhalla, Norway
Zoetis Canada Inc., Kirkland, Quebec, tel. (800) 461-0917
Distributed by ZOETIS CANADA INC.
16,740 TRANS-CANADA HIGHWAY, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Technical Services Canada:||800-461-0917|
|Technical Services USA:||800-366-5288|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Alpha Ject micro 4 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30