Advantage II KittenThis page contains information on Advantage II Kitten for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Advantage II Kitten Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Advantage II Kitten
- Direction and dosage information for Advantage II Kitten
Advantage II KittenThis treatment applies to the following species:
Current label information has not been provided by the product owner.
This information is provided as a service to our users.
Once-A-Month Topical Flea Prevention and Treatment for Cats
For Use ONLY on Cats 8 Weeks and Older
Advantage II Kitten: weighing 2-5 lbs.
Advantage II Small Cat: weighing 5-9 lbs.
Advantage II Large Cat: weighing over 9 lbs.
READ THE ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
For the Prevention and Treatment of Flea Infestations on Cats
● Kills flea life stages
● Controls existing flea infestations on your cat and prevents further infestations
● Kills fleas on cats within 12 hours of application
● Convenient, easy-to-apply topical solution
● Waterproof, after 24 hours
% By Weight
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Advantage II Kitten Caution
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
IF IN EYES:
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Hot Line Number
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For medical emergencies call 1-800-422-9874. For consumer questions call 1-800-255-6826.
Note To Physician
Treat the patient symptomatically.
Hazards To Humans
Advantage II Kitten Caution
Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes and clothing. Wash hands after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
Hazards To Domestic Animals
For external use only. Advantage II Kitten: Do not apply to cats or kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 2 lbs.
Advantage II Small Cat: Do not apply to cats or kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 5 lbs.
Advantage II Large Cat: Do not apply to cats or kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 9 lbs. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing cats. Individual sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for cats.
If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your cat is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
Side EffectsMonitor your cat after application. Side effects may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as hypersalivation, vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects (such as lethargy) occur, consult your veterinarian or call 1-800-422-9874.
DO NOT USE ON CATS. Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours. If applied to a cat or ingested by a cat, contact your veterinarian.
For consumer questions call 1-800-255-6826.
For medical emergencies call 1-800-422-9874.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
● Do not apply more than one (1) tube per treatment, even for larger cats.
● Do not have contact or allow children to have contact with treated area until completely dry.
● Do not allow children to apply the product.
HOW TO OPEN
1. Be sure tube is at bottom of pouch.
2. Using scissors, cut the pouch across the top and remove tube.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Advantage II Kitten: Use only on cats or kittens 8 weeks and older and weighing 2 - 5 lbs. Do not apply to cats or kittens weighing less than 2 lbs.
Advantage II Small Cat: Use only on cats or kittens 8 weeks and older and weighing 5-9 lbs.
Advantage II Large Cat: Use only on cats or kittens 8 weeks and older and weighing over 9 lbs. Do not apply to cats or kittens weighing less than 9 lbs.
Do not use on other animals.
2. Cats should be dry prior to application and remain dry for 24 hours after application.
3. Remove one pouch from the carton. See “HOW TO OPEN” section.
4. Hold tube in an upright position facing away from you and your cat’s face and eyes. Pull cap off tube.
5. Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
6. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
7. Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your cat’s eyes, or allow your cat to ingest this product. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the cat licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product. Do not allow the product to run off.
8. Discard empty tube as described in the Storage and Disposal section.
9. Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four (4) weeks. On kittens, do not re-treat more often than once every fourteen (14) days, not to exceed 2 bi-weekly treatments. On small and large cats, do not retreat more often than once every seven (7) days, not to exceed 4 weekly treatments. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly treatment schedule.
The successive feeding activity of fleas on cats frequently elicits a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) or flea bite hypersensitivity. Treatment of cats with Advantage II for cats kills fleas and may reduce the incidence of this condition.
Advantage II for cats kills the existing fleas on cats within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting for up to four (4) weeks.
Pre-existing pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for six (6) weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions.
Advantage II for cats provides multi-stage flea control effectively breaking flea life-cycle stages for lasting control of flea populations.
Advantage II for cats kills adult fleas on cats quickly, within 12 hours, inhibits the development
of immature flea life stages and prevents them from reaching the biting adult stage.
Advantage II for cats is waterproof after 24 hours and remains effective following a shampoo treatment or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Apply monthly treatments for optimal control and prevention of fleas.
To successfully prevent and control fleas, all cats must be treated with their own dose of Advantage II for cats.
Apply according to label instructions, ensuring that the product is applied to the skin, not on top of the fur.
If your cat wears a decorative collar, it may be helpful to remove the collar before application so it doesn’t absorb the product.
Remember, your cat needs to be dry at the time Advantage II for cats is applied and remains dry 24 hours after application.
Even indoor cats need protection against fleas because you or other pets in the household may bring fleas into the home. Fleas in your cat’s environment can re-infest your cat. If you have a flea infestation, consider treating your home and yard with appropriate premise products to protect against fleas.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Store in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets.
Pesticide Disposal and Container Handling: NonrefiIlable container.
If empty: Do not reuse or refill this container.
Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-422-9874 for disposal instructions.
Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Limited Warranty And Limitation Of Damages
Elanco US, Inc. warrants that this material conforms to the chemical description on the label. TO THE EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW, ELANCO MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY, and no agent of Elanco is authorized to do so except in writing with a specific reference to this warranty. Any damages arising from a breach of this warranty shall be limited to direct damages and shall not include consequential commercial damages such as loss of profits or values, etc.
For more information visit www.petbasics.com
Elanco US, Inc. 2500 Innovation Way, Greenfield, IN 46140
Made in Germany
Advantage II, Elanco and the diagonal bar logo are trademarks of Elanco or its affiliates.
© 2021 Elanco or its affiliates.
Advantage II for dogs is protected by the following U.S. patents: 6,232,328 and 6,001,858
ADVANTAGE II Kitten - For Cats 8 Weeks and Older and Weighing 2-5 lbs.
EPA Reg. No. 11556-150
Two 0.0078 fl oz (0.23 mL) Tubes
ADVANTAGE II Small Cat - For Cats 8 Weeks and Older and Weighing 5 - 9 lbs.
EPA Reg. No. 11556-151
One 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tube
Two 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
Four 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
Six 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
ADVANTAGE II Large Cat - For Cats 8 Weeks and Older and Weighing Over 9 lbs.
EPA Reg. No. 11556-152
One 0.027 fl oz (0.8 mL) Tube
Two 0.027 fl oz (0.8 mL) Tubes
Four 0.027 fl oz (0.8 mL) Tubes
Six 0.027 fl oz (0.8 mL) Tubes
2500 INNOVATION WAY, GREENFIELD, IN, 46140
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30