Zinbryta Side Effects
Generic name: daclizumab
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on July 26, 2020.
Note: This document contains side effect information about daclizumab. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Zinbryta.
Common side effects of Zinbryta include: antibody development and hyperglycemia. See below for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.
For the Consumer
Applies to daclizumab: subcutaneous solution prefilled syringe
- This drug can cause very bad liver problems. Sometimes, these have been deadly. Liver problems can happen any time during treatment with this drug. Liver problems have also happened up to 5 months after the last dose of this drug. Do not take this drug if you have liver problems. Talk with the doctor.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Call your doctor right away if you have signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
- Certain immune system problems can happen with this drug. Some of these may include skin reactions, swollen glands, a certain bowel problem (colitis), and a type of anemia (hemolytic anemia). Some problems took many months to go away after the last dose of this drug while some problems did not go away. Call your doctor right away if you feel very tired or weak or have a rash or skin irritation; tender, painful, or swollen lymph nodes; pale skin; or shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you have signs of colitis like bloody stools, diarrhea that does not go away, fever, or stomach pain. Call your doctor if you have any new or unexplained health problem.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of infection like fever, chills, very bad sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, more sputum or change in color of sputum, pain with passing urine, mouth sores, or wound that will not heal.
- Signs of depression, thoughts of suicide, nervousness, emotional ups and downs, thinking that is not normal, anxiety, or lack of interest in life.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Nose and throat irritation.
- Signs of a common cold.
- Flu-like signs.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to daclizumab: intravenous solution, subcutaneous solution
Very common (10% or more): Rash (i.e., erythematous rash, exfoliative rash, macular rash, maculopapular rash, papular rash, pruritic rash, rash, vesicular rash) (11%)
Common (1% to 10%): Dermatitis (i.e., allergic dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, bullous dermatitis, dermatitis, exfoliative dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, allergic dermatitis), folliculitis, acne, psoriasis, erythema, pruritus, dry skin
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Toxic skin eruption, eczema nummular[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Tonsillitis, diarrhea
Frequency not reported: Colitis[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Anemia, lymphocyte count decreased[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Nasopharyngitis (25%), upper respiratory tract infection (17%)
Common (1% to 10%): Depression[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Oropharyngeal pain, pyrexia[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): ALT increased, AST increased, liver function test abnormal, hepatic enzymes increased[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Zinbryta (daclizumab)." AbbVie US LLC, North Chicago, IL.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
Frequently asked questions
More about Zinbryta (daclizumab)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: interleukin inhibitors
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.