Varicella zoster immune globulin Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to varicella zoster immune globulin: intramuscular powder for solution, intramuscular solution
Along with its needed effects, varicella zoster immune globulin may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking varicella zoster immune globulin:
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Incidence Not Known
- redness of the skin
- shortness of breath
- swelling of the eyelids, face, lips, hands, or feet
Some side effects of varicella zoster immune globulin may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- pain at the injection site
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to varicella zoster immune globulin: intramuscular powder for injection, intramuscular solution
Local side effects have included pain, redness and swelling at the injection site.[Ref]
Gastrointestinal side effects have included nausea.[Ref]
Dermatologic side effects have included rash.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Varicella Zoster Immune Globulin (varicella zoster immune globulin)." American Red Cross Blood Services, Dedham, MA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about varicella zoster immune globulin
- Varicella zoster immune globulin Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: immune globulins
- Varicella zoster immune globulin
- Varicella-Zoster Immune Globulin (Human)
- Varicella-zoster immune globulin Intramuscular (Advanced Reading)
Other brands: VariZIG