Tolnaftate topical Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to tolnaftate topical: topical cream, topical gel/jelly, topical lotion, topical ointment, topical powder, topical solution, topical spray
Along with its needed effects, tolnaftate topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking tolnaftate topical:
- Skin irritation not present before use of this medicine
When you apply the aerosol solution form of this medicine, a mild temporary stinging may be expected.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to tolnaftate topical: compounding powder, topical aerosol powder, topical cream, topical ointment, topical powder, topical solution, topical spray
A case of sensitization to butylated hydroxytoluene which is found in some of the tolnaftate topical preparations has been reported.[Ref]
Dermatologic side effects have included a mild skin irritation.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Tinactin (tolnaftate topical)." Southwood Pharmaceuticals Inc, Irvine, CA.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about tolnaftate topical
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 4 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antifungals
- Tolnaftate topical
- Tolnaftate Cream and Solution
- Tolnaftate Powder
- Tolnaftate Spray and Spray Powder
- Tolnaftate Topical (Advanced Reading)