Tinactin Side Effects
Generic Name: tolnaftate topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 8, 2020.
Note: This document contains side effect information about tolnaftate topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Tinactin.
For the Consumer
Applies to tolnaftate topical: topical cream, topical powder, topical solution, topical spray
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, tolnaftate topical (the active ingredient contained in Tinactin) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking tolnaftate topical:
- Skin irritation not present before use of this medicine
When you apply the aerosol solution form of this medicine, a mild temporary stinging may be expected.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to tolnaftate topical: compounding powder, topical aerosol powder, topical cream, topical ointment, topical powder, topical solution, topical spray
A case of sensitization to butylated hydroxytoluene which is found in some of the tolnaftate topical (the active ingredient contained in Tinactin) preparations has been reported.[Ref]
Dermatologic side effects have included a mild skin irritation.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Tinactin (tolnaftate topical)." Southwood Pharmaceuticals Inc, Irvine, CA.
More about Tinactin (tolnaftate topical)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: topical antifungals
- Patient Information
- Tinactin Aerosol Liquid Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Tinactin Aerosol Powder Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Tinactin Plus Aerosol Powder Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Tinactin Plus Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Tinactin Topical (Advanced Reading)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.