Saleto Side Effects
Generic Name: acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine / salicylamide
Note: This document contains side effect information about acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine / salicylamide. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Saleto.
Applies to acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine / salicylamide: oral tablet
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
- Signs of bleeding like throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds; coughing up blood; blood in the urine; black, red, or tarry stools; bleeding from the gums; vaginal bleeding that is not normal; bruises without a reason or that get bigger; or any bleeding that is very bad or that you cannot stop.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Fever or chills.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Feeling confused.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Ringing in ears.
- Hearing loss.
- Fast breathing.
- Sweating a lot.
- Very bad headache or if headache is not better after the first dose.
- Pain for more than 10 days.
- Fever for more than 3 days.
- A very bad skin reaction (Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis) may happen. It can cause very bad health problems that may not go away, and sometimes death. Get medical help right away if you have signs like red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin (with or without fever); red or irritated eyes; or sores in your mouth, throat, nose, or eyes.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Belly pain or heartburn.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Not hungry.
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
- Feeling sleepy.
- Dry mouth.
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.