The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Radiesse Side Effects
Generic Name: dermal filler topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 8, 2019.
Note: This document contains side effect information about dermal filler topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Radiesse.
Applies to dermal filler topical: injection gel
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
For all uses of this drug:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad irritation where this drug is used.
- Very bad swelling.
- Change in skin color where the shot was given.
- Very bad and sometimes deadly side effects have happened when this drug was given into a blood vessel. Call your doctor right away if your skin turns white, if you have pain during or right after getting this drug, or if you have a change in eyesight. Call your doctor right away if you have signs of a stroke like weakness, confusion, trouble speaking or thinking, drooping on one side of the face, or change in balance.
Injection (when given in the face):
- Loss of eyesight and other eyesight changes have happened when this drug was given into the face. Call your doctor right away if you have any change in eyesight.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Irritation where this drug is used.
- Swelling where this drug is used.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
More about Radiesse (dermal filler topical)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.