Nystatin / triamcinolone topical Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to nystatin/triamcinolone topical: topical cream, topical ointment
- Blistering, burning, dryness, itching, peeling, or other sign of irritation not present before use of this medicine
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking nystatin/triamcinolone topical:
Many of the above side effects are more likely to occur in children, who may absorb greater amounts of this medicine.
- Acne or oily skin
- increased hair growth, especially on the face
- increased loss of hair, especially on the scalp
- reddish purple lines on arms, face, legs, trunk, or groin
- thinning of skin with easy bruising
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to nystatin / triamcinolone topical: topical cream, topical ointment
Dermatologic side effects associated with topical corticosteroids have included burning, itching, irritation, dryness, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, skin maceration, secondary infection, skin atrophy, striae, and miliaria.
Irritation may occur rarely with nystatin, which is nonsensitizing and virtually nontoxic.
One case (1% of cases studied) of acneiform eruption has been reported with the use of the nystatin-triamcinolone topical combination.[Ref]
Endocrine side effects associated with triamcinolone preparations have included adrenal suppression, hyperglycemia, and glycosuria in some individuals.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Mycolog II (nystatin-triamcinolone topical)" Apothecon Inc, Princeton, NJ.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about nystatin/triamcinolone topical
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 8 Reviews
- Drug class: topical steroids with anti-infectives
- Nystatin and triamcinolone topical
- Nystatin and Triamcinolone
- Nystatin and triamcinolone Topical (Advanced Reading)