Nuquin HP Side Effects
Generic Name: hydroquinone topical
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug hydroquinone topical. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Nuquin HP.
For the Consumer
Applies to hydroquinone topical: topical combination cream, topical cream gel emulsion or solution
Side effects include:
Mild skin irritation and sensitization (e.g., burning, erythema, stinging).
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to hydroquinone topical: compounding powder, topical cream, topical emulsion, topical gel, topical solution
Dermatologic side effects have included localized contact dermatitis. Exogenous ochronosis (involving over 10,000 exposures under careful clinical supervision) has been reported at an incidence of 22 cases in more than 50 years.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Eldoquin Forte (hydroquinone topical)." ICN Pharmaceuticals Inc, Costa Mesa, CA.
2. Levitt J "The safety of hydroquinone: a dermatologist's response to the 2006 Federal Register." J Am Acad Dermatol 57 (2007): 854-72
3. "Product Information. Glyquin XM (hydroquinone topical)." ICN Canada Ltd, Montreal, IN.
It is possible that some side effects of Nuquin HP may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
More about Nuquin HP (hydroquinone topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical depigmenting agents