Myco-Triacet II Side Effects
Generic name: nystatin / triamcinolone topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 17, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about nystatin / triamcinolone topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Myco-Triacet II.
For the Consumer
Applies to nystatin/triamcinolone topical: topical cream, topical ointment
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
- Blistering, burning, dryness, itching, peeling, or other sign of irritation not present before use of this medicine
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking nystatin/triamcinolone topical:
Many of the above side effects are more likely to occur in children, who may absorb greater amounts of this medicine.
- Acne or oily skin
- increased hair growth, especially on the face
- increased loss of hair, especially on the scalp
- reddish purple lines on arms, face, legs, trunk, or groin
- thinning of skin with easy bruising
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to nystatin / triamcinolone topical: topical cream, topical ointment
Frequency not reported: Acneiform eruption
-Frequency not reported: Irritation
-Frequency not reported: Burning, itching, irritation, dryness, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, skin maceration, perioral secondary infection, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria[Ref]
-Frequency not reported: Reversible hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis suppression[Ref]
-Frequency not reported: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia
-Frequency not reported: Glycosuria
More about Myco-Triacet II (nystatin / triamcinolone topical)
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: topical steroids with anti-infectives
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Mycolog II (nystatin-triamcinolone topical)" Apothecon Inc, Princeton, NJ.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.