Konyne 80 Side Effects
Generic Name: factor ix complex
Note: This document contains side effect information about factor ix complex. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Konyne 80.
For the Consumer
Applies to factor ix complex: intravenous solution reconstituted
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of certain infections (parvovirus B19, hepatitis A) like fever or chills, feeling very sleepy, runny nose, rash, joint pain, tiredness, poor appetite, upset stomach or throwing up, belly pain, or yellow skin or eyes.
- Signs of high or low blood pressure like very bad headache or dizziness, passing out, change in eyesight.
- Shortness of breath.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Chest pain or pressure or a fast heartbeat.
- Coughing up blood.
- Weakness on 1 side of the body, trouble speaking or thinking, change in balance, drooping on one side of the face, or blurred eyesight.
- Swelling, warmth, numbness, change of color, or pain in a leg or arm.
- Bleeding that is new or worse.
- A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to factor ix complex: intravenous powder for injection
General side effects have included fever and chills.[Ref]
Cardiovascular side effects have included flushing, and changes in pulse rate and blood pressure.[Ref]
Gastrointestinal side effects have included nausea and vomiting.
Hematologic side effects have included intravascular coagulation, thrombosis, and emboli.[Ref]
Respiratory side effects have included respiratory distress, chest pain, and cough.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Proplex T (Factor IX Complex)." Baxter Healthcare/Hyland Immuno, Deerfield, IL.
2. "Product Information. Bebulin VH (Factor IX Complex)." Baxter Healthcare/Hyland Immuno, Deerfield, IL.
3. "Product Information. Profilnine SD (Factor IX Complex)." Grifols Biologicals Inc, Los Angeles, CA.
Some side effects of Konyne 80 may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
More about Konyne 80 (factor ix complex)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous coagulation modifiers
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.