CPM-PSE DM Drops Side Effects
Generic name: chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 13, 2020.
Note: This document contains side effect information about chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name CPM-PSE DM Drops.
For the Consumer
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Not able to sleep.
- Feeling sleepy.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Frequency not reported: Excitability, drowsiness, nervousness, sleeplessness (combination product); headache, tremor, dizziness, insomnia (pseudoephedrine); sedation, impaired mental status (chlorpheniramine)[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Elevated intraocular pressure (pseudoephedrine)[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Fatigue (chlorpheniramine)[Ref]
More about CPM-PSE DM Drops (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine)
- Other brands
- Kidcare Cough and Cold, Kidkare Cough/Cold, Maxichlor PSE DM, Pedia Relief Cough-Cold, ... +2 more
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Rescon-DM (chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan/PSE)." Capellon Pharmaceuticals, Fort Worth, TX.
2. Sur DK, Plesa ML "Treatment of allergic rhinitis." Am Fam Physician 92 (2015): 985-92
3. "Product Information. Kidkare Cough/Cold (chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan/PSE)." Rugby Laboratories Inc, Duluth, GA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.