Calcium / vitamin d Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 19, 2022.
Applies to calcium / vitamin d: oral capsule, oral liquid, oral packet, oral powder, oral tablet, oral tablet chewable, oral wafer
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad constipation.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
More about calcium / vitamin d
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- Reviews (8)
- En español
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations
- Drug Information
- Calcium and Vitamin D Capsules and Tablets
- Calcium and Vitamin D Chewable Tablets
- Calcium and Vitamin D Liquid
- Calcium and Vitamin D Powder
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.