Aktipak Side Effects
Generic name: benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 17, 2023.
Note: This document contains side effect information about benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin topical. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Aktipak.
Applies to benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin topical: topical gel/jelly.
Serious side effects of Aktipak
Along with its needed effects, benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin topical:
Less common or rare
- Burning, blistering, crusting, itching, severe redness, or swelling of the skin
- dryness or peeling of the skin
- eye irritation
- feeling of warmth, mild stinging, or redness of the skin
- increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- oiliness or tenderness of the skin
- painful irritation of the skin
- redness or other discoloration of the skin
- redness, swelling, or itching of the eyelid
- severe sunburn
- skin rash
- swelling of the eyes, face, and nose
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin topical: topical gel.
Common (1% to 10%): Dry skin, pruritus, photosensitivity reaction (sunburn, stinging with sun exposure), dryness, urticarial reaction
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Peeling
Frequency not reported: Skin discoloration, skin oiliness, tenderness of the skin, transient drying, erythema, burning, desquamation
-Frequency not reported: Generalized urticarial reaction[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Application site reaction (stinging, erythema, burning)
Frequency not reported: Irritation of the skin (including peeling, itching, burning sensation, erythema, inflammation of the face/eyes/nose, irritation of the eyes)[Ref]
Benzoyl peroxide topical:
-Frequency not reported: Allergic sensitization
More about Aktipak (benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin topical)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (1)
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: topical acne agents
Related treatment guides
1. Product Information. Benzamycin (benzoyl peroxide-erythromycin topical). Apothecon Inc. 2022.
2. Product Information. Aktipak (benzoyl peroxide-erythromycin topical). Cutanea Life Sciences, Inc. 2019.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.