Generic Name: aluminum chloride
Dosage Form: topical solution
Medically reviewed on April 2, 2018
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA.For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
- Store at 59o - 86oF (15o - 30oC)
- Protect from freezing
Benzyl Alcohol, Distilled Water, Potassium Chloride, Propylene Glycol.
- Discontinue use if irritation appears.
- For topical application only.
- Avoid eye contact.
- Do not use in patients with a known history of hyper sensetivity to Aluminum Chloride.
- For professional use only.
- Federal law restricts this product to sale or use on the order of a dentist.
- Soak a cotton tipped applicator with Frenna AC.
- Apply to bleeding area with pressure until bleeding is stopped. Should a small dark coagulum appear, flush it away with water. This will have no effect on hemostatic action.
- Remove the impregnated cord from sulcus.
- Flush with water and dry with air. If hemostasis is not achieved, repeat application.
- Rinse with water and air dry until bleeding is no longer present.
Frenna AC is a topical astringent solution of Aluminum Chloride. Gingival retraction can be achieved using a plain gingival retraction cord moistened with Frenna AC. Stops gingival bleeding fast. If you should anadvertently damage the gingival margin during tooth preparation or while placing a strip, a band, or a cervical matrix, moisten the area with Frenna AC which will control and stop bleeding quickly. Frenna AC contains no epinephrine. The use of casoconstrictors for gingival retractions and bleeding is potentially dangerous and should be avoided.
A plain gingival retraction cord can be dipped in Frenna AC solution and then placed into the gingival sulcus for its hemostatic action.
aluminum chloride solution
|Labeler - Dharma Research, inc. (078444642)|
|Registrant - Dharma Research, inc. (078444642)|
|Dharma Research, inc.||078444642||manufacture(53045-300)|
More about aluminum chloride hexahydrate topical
- Aluminum chloride hexahydrate topical Side Effects
- Support Group
- En Español
- 474 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous topical agents
Other brands: Hypercare