User Reviews for Aluminum chloride hexahydrate topical

Also known as: Drysol, Certain Dri, Hypercare, Xerac AC, B+Drier

Hyperhidrosis
8.8

Reviews for Aluminum chloride hexahydrate topical

Drysol user · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2021

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “This stuff really works it was a god send I told my doctor about my severe sweating. I would always wear dark colored shirts to cover up the sweating. I used this on Tuesday night and Wednesday there was no sweating at all, I stayed dry. I put it on again Wednesday and still dry there some irritation make sure you follow the directions . We will see how it works in the summer when it gets really hot ....”

Ryan · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2021

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “This stuff has done so much for my confidence. I used to sweat through everything I wore so I limited myself to certain colors and fabrics but now, my armpits don't sweat at all. It will likely make your skin itch the night you apply it but it's mild. Obviously it's a fairly harsh thing to put on your body and people can be allergic so don't keep using it if it causes anything other than itching.”

Jenny · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2021

Certain Dri (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I’m sure a lot of you guys are like me dealing with excessive sweating all around your body even in cool temperatures. This was something that lowered my self esteem and confidence greatly. Needless to say I was looking for anything that can help and certain Dri did. Of course sometimes I still get a bit sweaty but 98% of the time I’m completely dry and don’t have to worry about pit stains. I put it on before bed as instructed and remain dry all day. I’m really so grateful I found this. Get it!”

Tatertot · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 1, 2020

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I am so grateful that Drysol exists. It is not the most pleasant experience at times, but I promise it's worth it. I've been using it for a couple years now. I used to never be able to wear shirts that were tight to the armpit unless they were black. Expect some discomfort the first few times. Be careful because you don't need much, I just apply it to the areas on my armpits that actually have hair. Eventually I got to a point where I only needed it once every few weeks. Its an amazing feeling to be working out and noticing that your armpits are completely dry, or being able to buy a shirt in a color other than black!!”

yoshi February 13, 2020

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “On my first night applying Drysol it felt fine with only a little itching in my armpits. The day I sweat a little bit but drastically less than normal. The second night applying it, it itched and burned pretty bad to the point where I was tossing and turning for almost an hour, I put Vaseline over it and it just helped enough so that I could fall asleep. That day I sweat almost nothing with no pit stains or anything. The whole day I had a rash on my armpits and they just felt irritated though, so I decided not to apply it for a third night. I put deodorant on the next day and didn't sweat a drop. The irritation was also completely gone. I put it on once more and it itched but didn't nearly hurt as bad as the second night. My point is that Drysol has a few downsides but they don't last and it is so worth it with the impact that it makes on the way you can live. I highly recommend, just get ready for a little itching.”

KatGL June 1, 2019

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “Roughly 2 years ago, I was put on an anti-depressant which is notorious for causing extreme excessive sweating. The face sweating this med caused me was ruining my life. I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything because I would have beads of sweat constantly rolling down my face. My makeup would wear off within a half hour, now it stays put and lasts all day. I have missed out on so many life events, opportunities and socializing due to having sweat rolling down my face constantly, and I'm a hairstylist to top it off. I applied drysol to my hairline, forehead, eyebrows, upper lip and chin. Also my hands and armpits. After 2 applications the sweating completely stopped. Especially on my face. I haven't sweat one bullet since I started drysol. I applied every night for a week, now I apply 1-2 times a week, and soon I will reduce to 2-3 times a month. Drysol has completely transformed my life, it actually gave me my life back.”

Thx to ppl who invented this October 18, 2009

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I just want to say that Drysol really works for me, its been 2 weeks now and I've used it like 3-4 times and haven't seen a drop from my armpits yet. Let me tell you how good Drysol is - I put it on Thursday, the day I got it, and my armpits were dry that whole weekend. All I did is took a shower for everyday I went out, Friday, Saturday and on Sunday I was at the game. I didn't have time to put it on more than once that whole weekend and my armpits were dried. Nothing works like Drysol. I'm writing this because I hope this post helps someone else. I did a lot of research but I'm done. This is my last stop. I just wanted to leave feedback and big thanks to people who made it.”

Zara · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I’ve had hyperhidrosis on my hands and feet for at least 10 years and my previous doctor told me “don’t worry about it” as if that would solve all my problems. I’ve seen so many people’s faces twist with disgust whenever they’ve shaken my hand or simply touched it accidentally. It was extremely difficult to live with and I felt like I couldn’t be intimate with anyone who I didn’t thoroughly explain my condition to. Drysol has changed my life. Seriously. Even though it hasn’t really worked for my feet, it’s made my palms dry to the bone. Like so dry that they’ve become ashy. Not ideal but trust me, after years of excessive sweating, I’d much rather be in this position. I’m finally one of those people that can put on hand lotion and not worry about it exacerbating the sweat. The reason I’m not completely over the moon is because even though most of my hands are super dry, my fingertips still sweat, which is weird. But hey, I’ll take it.”

Aley May 7, 2019

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I have been using Drysol for at least 7 years (I’m 36) because I used to sweat in my armpits for absolutely no reason. When I would go on dates, I would blast the airconditioner on my armpits in hopes to stop some of the sweating. That never helped. All of my tops had to be black because of the stains. I have seen where some say it burns. If you shave your armpits then apply, if course it’s going to burn. So I put it on when I don’t shave. I only apply twice a week. I love the feeling of not needing deodorant every single day. My insurance covers a portion so I only pay around $9 and that’s not even monthly since I don’t finish the product at the end of the month. It’ll let me 2-3 months so it’s awesome. Sadly, my 12 year old daughter is going through what I did. She is thin but sweats excessively. She’s too young to go through these insecurities. I gave her a spare bottle of mine earlier this week. I’ll try to post an update on how she does the next couple of weeks.”

Anonymous August 12, 2008

Hypercare (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I have had hyperhidrosis of my hands, armpits, and feet my entire life. It made many things in my life extremely uncomfortable or impossible to do. (Even simple things... shaking hands, preparing food, wearing grey or any non-dark T-shirts, wearing sandals, the list goes on). I've been using Hypercare for 3 years now and it has literally changed my life. It's affordable and effective. I recommend to anyone suffering from hyperhidrosis.”

Lina · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 26, 2019

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I have been using Drysol for about 8 years now. I started sweating excessively under my armpits when I was 11 years old and I tried everything I could to hide it or fix it. It got to the point where I wasn’t able to wear t shirts or light colored clothes and had to wear cardigans and hoodies to hide it, even in the summer. I started Drysol when I was 13 and it is the only thing that ever worked for me! I have very sensitive skin but over the years I learned not to shave for at least a few days and the burning sensation wasn’t as bad, most of the time I didn’t get it at all. But other than that, I’d rather deal with the pain for half an hour and be dry as a desert for weeks than to sweat 24/7 for no reason at all. It’s very worth it because I’m not insecure anymore and I feel free!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2018

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I love drysol. I literally have excessive sweating everywhere. Arms, legs, hands, armpits, even my lower back/butt/and groin area. It is so embarrassing and awful. My armpits are actually the only place I have it under control. My face and scalp are actually the worst. I Use the drysol on my scalp at night, per instructions. Doc said not to use it on my face or groin because the skin is more sensitive. I use it on my face at night anyway, and it works great. I do get the side effect of pins and needles and itching, sometimes worse than others. But the end result is worth it. I sweat so much I get dehydrated and get headaches. Drysol has been a life saver. I think I'm gonna try it on my under boobs next. Ladies, I know you know the struggle.”

Lulu · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 18, 2020

Certain Dri (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I have always had severe sweating under my arms. Whenever I use Certain Dri I don’t sweat for days after just one use. I use sporadically and I don’t sweat for at least a week at a time. I could never wear light grey before, now I can. It itches and burns bad as anything though after you put it on. I choose to endure the itchiness my armpit look red sometimes and feel raw but it’s alright at least I won’t sweat. My sister always ensured me beauty is pain so hey.”

Lbzoo August 21, 2020

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “So I have never written a review before. But I felt compelled to. I’m a 28 yr old female who has hyperhydrosis particularly on my FACE, which I don’t see a lot of reviews on. Long story short I never wore makeup because there was no point, my bangs would get wet and I always had to wear it up no matter what. And I pretty much was always sweaty faced inside in the air conditioning if I was doing anything at all. So I finally got tired of it and my doctor prescribed this. I was hesitant since I’d already tried Carpe face lotion for sweating. Not to mention some of the reviews about pain and discomfort from Drysol was a bit scary. I tried it though, and on my personal account I only had very mild itchiness and it didn’t hurt, so far I have not had it turn my skin red or anything. I’ve been using it for about a week and a half, I have not sweat!! and I work at a warm physically demanding job anyways! But basically this eliminated it!!”

Mack · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2020

Certain Dri (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I had been suffering from armpit sweat for the past couple of years. It made me feel embarrassed and it used to lower my self confidence. After lot of research I came across this product and I bought it. Not gonna lie, I applied it on the first night and it did make me sweat like 70 percent less. I decided to continue this treatment and the results just blew me away, after applying it religiously for a week or so I did not sweat at all. Now my pits don’t sweat at all even if I walk for like 5 miles during hot sunny days. I would highly recommend this product to everyone out there.”

Louise · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2020

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I am 50 and just started using drysol and it is already making a difference.I cannot believe I have suffered my whole life with this and am only now finding relief. I see people complaining of pain and itching and I only had mild itching for a few minutes and I believe that is because I shaved before applying. I had far worse burning and itching with OTC certain dri. For me this works, the real test will be when summer comes. I am gonna buy some white shirts and hopefully not have to wonder where the next public restroom is where I can wash my pits and reapply deodorant and spray my clothes with perfumes to try to cover up the B.O. I wish I knew about this product years ago, I wish my parents cared enough to get me help as a pre-adolescent. Would have changed my life.I am very optimistic about drysol.”

Anonymous April 2, 2011

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I'm 17 and my hands were sweaty whenever I thought about it...lately I've been thinking about it all the time cause i was worried about shaking hands and/or leaving sweaty marks after me whenever I touched something. It's got really bad and I went to see a doctor. She told me to try Drysol, which I did and it worked great, but not at first...it actually made my hands sweat even more, probably cause I was stressed about if it was gonna work or not. It started to work, after applying it twice a day for a few days (doc told me to). The last time I used it was like 5 nights ago, and my palms have been so dry since that I had to use a hand cream. Yeah, unbelievable!! Just dont give up on it too fast and it will work..good luck!”

Anonymous October 28, 2009

Hypercare (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “HyperCare is truly amazing. Worked after the very first application for my 12 yr old daughter. We tried every deodorant including Certain Dry & all the clinical strength products which did not work at all - she would still come home from school soaking wet in her armpit area. I really did not want to have her injected with botox but was seriously going to check into it because of the damage the sweating was doing to her self esteem. HyperCare did cause some irritation but my daughter says it is absolutely worth it - she is sooo happy and excited to be able to wear any color shirt now. I had no idea that it was that big of a problem for her because she didn't tell me because she was embarrassed about it. Absolutely recommend this product !”

Jmarti41 · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2020

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “Wow, Drysol has been a game changer for me! I've been very insecure about my underarm odor and finally asked the doc if anything could be done. He prescribed Drysol and I had my doubts it would work. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's been a miracle worker! I will say, it has some downsides. It itches like crazy and burned a few times I've used it. I put aloe on it and that calmed the itching and burning. So if it itches and burns I suggest applying some aloe for relief. The good far outweighs the bad though and I'm happy I found this!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2015

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “My hyperhidrosis had been quite severe for several years now, and has caused me a huge amount of inconvenience and anxiety. Drysol has changed my life. I can wear whatever I want, and I no longer have to shy away from hugs and touches for fear of suffering intense humiliation. The first time I got through the day with no wetness, I cried on the way home from work, I was so happy. It does itch quite badly at night, but if your condition is anywhere near as emotionally damaging as mine is, it's worth the discomfort. And don't worry if it doesn't work completely the first few uses; it took about a week for it to really kick in for me. I seriously recommend Drysol to anyone who is sick of this condition ruling their life.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “Today is my first day trying Drysol. All I have to say is NEVER again!!! I wish I read some of these reviews before I put it on. I was warned about the itching and slight burning, so I tried to wait it out a bit when I started to feel that. After an hour of my armpits being on absolute fire, I decided I needed to get it off immediately. I definitely have a chemical burn... or at least that’s what it feels like. I’m sitting here writing this as my arms are covered in red rashes and I’m trying to bare the pain. If you’re willing to endure chemical burns, go for it. But I don’t recommend it.”

Emmy · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2019

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I originally was prescribed Drysol over a year ago but after reading about the side effects (rash, stinging, itching) I was too afraid to use it. Well after years of dealing with excessive armpit sweat I decided to give it a try. I bought a lot of black shirts. I'm not going to lie it definitely stings and itches pretty bad. But it's so so worth it. After two applications I went for a hard run and I was sweating everywhere else from my body EXCEPT my armpits. It's truly a miracle. I can't tell you how freeing it feels to be able to go out in public wearing a yellow shirt with sleeves and not having to worry about sweating. Give it a try!”

chiLLIN · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2020

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “Ok so I’ve been suffering with hyperhidrosis for as long as I remember maybe 8th grade . Well I’m in my 30’s and I used Drysol for the first time last night . Today no unnecessary sweating or anxiety about it . Will continue use .. side effects / it burns like anything and I did have some rashes from it . I’m a black woman and this is a game changer . For my face and Pitts !”

AlyyyyyCat · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2017

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I've had hyperhidrosis for as long as I can remember (5/6 years old my mom noticed first) My problem areas are my hands and feet. 24 now, but growing up and going to school was a total MESS for me. I hated it. The equivelant to that are my job interviews now. I developed social anxiety and anxiety in general. I ruined so many pairs of shoes, and I could never wear sandals or dress cute because my ankles would show my sweat also. Could never get my nails done either ughh. Anywho, I tried Drysol for the FIRST TIME last night. No side effects, although my hands and feet feel a little dry this morning (8am). I normally start sweating for no reason as soon as I wake up.. no sweat just yet. I'll update l8r. Running out of room :)”

The sweaty university student · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2017

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I began sweating as soon as I started college- probably from the mass amount of stress I'm always under. Any who, this product is amazing. I literally would be sitting in a normal temperature room and sweat would just be streaming from my arm pits down the sides of my body. I started using this and from day 1, absolutely no sweat. Not even at the gym. It does sting a little bit, but as far as I'm concerned, a little bit of stinging far outweighs the low self confidence, paranoia, and constant clamminess of my body. I 100% recommend this product to anyone.”

LateNightRant · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2014

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I started out like the person probably reading these reviews, your trying to be optimistic about this product. I started wearing all black, my confidence was gone. And this continued on through High School. I'd go play pool at a friends house or play Basketball at his house and I'd wear sweaters or hoodies to hide the stains. I went through every antiperspirant known, I even tried shaving my pits. Then just last week I tried Drysol for the first time. That night I put it on, I instantly regained confidence. Only the next day, it didn't seem to work. First day of grade 11. Sure I was nervous. So I gave it a go again, and from there on out, I've been dry. So give this product some time to work. I give you my word, this product will work.”

Emma P July 9, 2017

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “My dermatologist recently prescribed this to me because of how much I sweat. Before, not even 10 minutes out of the shower I'm already sweating even if I have the air conditioner on, even during the winter, and generally just way more sweat than seems normal. I saw awesome results within a day, there was extremely little sweat, and a few days after I started, I was walking for about 15 minutes in 90° weather and there was barely any perspiration. The only downside is that I learned the hard way not to put it on right after shaving during a shower, and for some reason my armpits became somewhat discolored no matter what I did.”

Jolie9987 · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2017

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: “I'm 24 and have sweat through the armpits of my shirts since puberty. Clinical strength/aluminum chloride products don't work. Every time I go clothing shopping, I think "will this show my sweat?" Finally, I told my dermatologist what I had tried already to reduce my underarm sweating, and she prescribed Drysol for me. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. The first day I wore a tight shirt without sweating through it, I almost cried. I am using it every night (not after showering or shaving) with very minimal irritation. To anyone who suffers from hyperhydrosis of the underarms, I say this: thanks to Drysol, I just wore a tight gray long-sleeved shirt to a party. No sweat marks.”

More about aluminum chloride hexahydrate topical

Other brands