User Reviews for Aluminum chloride hexahydrate

Also known as: B+Drier, Certain Dri, Drysol, Hypercare, Xerac AC

Learn more about Aluminum chloride hexahydrate.

Hyperhidrosis 444 reviews 9 medications

Summary of Aluminum chloride hexahydrate reviews 444 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Aluminum chloride hexahydrate

Hypercare (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "It only burns when putting on after shaving or in excessive amounts. I have been using it for years and only need to apply it about once a month to keep armpits from having an odor. I do not ever sweat anymore. So glad I bought this product"

Kylie Rae August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I'm a 46 year old female that has struggled with severe sweaty armpits, feet and hands since I was 13. I've researched and tried so many products that failed me. But this truly works. It takes about 2 days for it to actually stop the sweating process but once it's in your pores you can use every other day. Your armpits are odourless. The unfortunate part is...do not use after shaving it will burn itch and cause a horrible outbreak but otherwise this product is a true BLESSING to all who sweat beyond control like I did..."

Grateful 527 (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I've had to deal with my sweating problems ever since 4th grade. I am now in college and I'm happier than ever that I found this product. For years I received botox injections to stop my sweating in my armpits. However, that pain was unimaginable. I switched to Drysol and I have never been happier. I can wear my shirts now without having to worry. Definitely would recommend this product to anyone who feels stuck with no solution to their sweating"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Certain Dri (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I suffered with hyperhidrosis for years. I could be shivering cold and my armpits would still be pouring sweat. Wearing gray was out of the question! Then I found an antiperspirant containing aluminum chloride: Not to be overdramatic...but it changed my life! At first, I dealt with the unbearable itching and irritation. After a while, I learned to use less and only apply it at night. After a couple months of daily use, I reduced to every other day...then every few days...and after a year I eventually just stopped using it because the problem seemed to disappear completely. That was 15 years ago! To this day I still do not sweat under my arms unless I'm really exerting myself...and still it's such a small amount. Less than "normal" people."

JaMin2179 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I am glad my dermatologist prescribed this for me to use on my armpits. Initially, I tried using it once a day and it broke me out and I had the itchy-stinging side effect. From thereon, I learned to use it about every 2 days and it keeps me dry along with another prescribed topical treatment. I also use Drysol for my oily face and it works! It calms my oily glands and it produces less oil especially on my nose. If you use Drysol on your face, test it on a small area of your face with a cottonball. I don't use it everyday on my face. I only use it once a week on my face and every other day on my nose. My results were minimal oil production on my face and no need to blot my face throughout the day."

Use Sparingly! August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Certain Dri (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Try this product. Follow the directions. It worked for me. I lived the first 30 yrs of my life "pitted out". I used it regularly for about one year. Now, I still sweat during exertion, which I consider normal, but, I mostly only use deodorant products. I used this product when it was only sold thru the pharmacy window. Now you can get it on the shelf right next to all the other anti perspirant / deodorant products."

pitted pete July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "My dermatologist recently prescribed this to me because of how much I sweat. Before, not even 10 minutes out of the shower I'm already sweating even if I have the air conditioner on, even during the winter, and generally just way more sweat than seems normal. I saw awesome results within a day, there was extremely little sweat, and a few days after I started, I was walking for about 15 minutes in 90° weather and there was barely any perspiration. The only downside is that I learned the hard way not to put it on right after shaving during a shower, and for some reason my armpits became somewhat discolored no matter what I did."

Emma P July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I am someone who sweats anytime under my arms, it could be for any reason and I would filter my life around it. Loose shirts, dark colors, and I would rarely ever raise my arms for the fear that I would show my stains of sweat. Talked to my dermatologist and they offered my Drysol and I absolutely loved that I could wear anything and I wouldn't sweat, but it does have its downside to it. I am a girl and shaving under my arms irritates the crap out of it and burns, I tried to use nair instead of shaving and it burns even more. I honestly do not know what to do."

Kincade June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I have suffered with excessive sweating on my scalp for 4 - 5 years, many times staying home rather than be embarrassed by sweat dripping off my hair. After 4 nights of using Drysol, I put it to the test and attended a swim meet for one of my grandkids, 90 degree temperature, and my scalp stayed DRY! The benefit of this far outweighs the temporary tingling and itchy feeling when applied to my scalp. My dermatologist who prescribed Drysol for me is my HERO!"

Grandma Judy June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Trying for years in the US to find something that worked for my daughter. Hers is so bad it really fills the room and now it's totally gone. We are so grateful ."

Anonymous June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I am a 40 year old male who since I can remember, would sweat excessively under his arms. It does not matter if I was stressed, if I was hot, cold, etc. The worst is when it's 20 degrees outside, I'm freezing, yet my shirt is soaked under my arms. That drove me nuts. I used to sit at work, and keep a stash of paper towels at my desk that I would sit under my arms so that the sweat marks would be less visible. Black was my favorite shirt color, especially on days when I had to present to a room full of people. I applied Drysol the first night and the next day, 100 percent dry! I feel like a new person! I can wear tighter shirts and I can even wear grey! There was some discomfort after applying, but it's well worth it, in my opinion!"

It works! (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "This stuff is absolutey amazing. I never could wear anything but black because I sweat so much in my armpits. I started using this a couple years ago. When I first started it I had to use it once every couple weeks. Then only once every 6 months and now it's been over a year and I don't have to use it and I'm not sweating. It felt like it saved my life in a way. I'm so happy I found it."

Anonymous123* May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Hypercare (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I had no problem with hyperhidrosis until I passed the age of 40. Then it suddenly became a huge problem. Peri-menopause perhaps. I began sweating profusely and became very self-conscious about my body odor. I tried many different anti-perspirants/deodorants, including "clinical strength." They would work for a short time, then stop working. I mentioned this to my nurse practitioner and she suggested I try this. It really works! I will admit the itching/tingling/stinging is annoying, but worth dealing with to have dry pits! I used Hypercare for a few years, but recently was prescribed Drysol. They seem to work equally well and have the same side effects for me."

Iamliamsmommy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "This really does work and the issue now is I think my body is use to it now because I'm starting to sweat in my armpits again."

Bob404849 April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I sweat mostly everywhere. Pits aren't the only place. It's my face, chest, back of my thighs, groin area, hands, feet... you get it. I've been like this since puberty n it got a lot worse (of course) after I started working out regularly. I use Drysol mostly on my armpits maybe twice a week n I don't sweat at all. I apply it very lightly n only directly where I actually perspire from (the center of my pit) n then rub it around a little by doing a circular funky chicken-like movement. For everywhere else I only use it maybe once a month, it's effective for a couple of days. For my face (forehead, nose, n very lightly above my upper lip), I use a cotton ball as the applicator dispenses too much at a time. The itchiness is killer tho!!!!!"

Itchy n dry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I've had severe underarm sweating since puberty. It was so embarrassing and got worse with time. I used drysol for the first time yesterday after realizing I truly needed a prescription antiperspirant and WOW! I couldn't be happier. The FIRST DAY I wore a shirt in my most feared color (gray) and had NO sweat all day. I couldn't believe how well it worked! I admit to discomfort upon application but it goes away shortly and is well, well worth it. I'll be a lifetime user. Incredible."

HokieGirl2013 April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "At first it was like a temporary quick fix. My hands would be dry, but when I got nervous I would feel the tingling sensation in my hands like they always do before they sweat, and they sweat. I put it on every night but it doesn't seem to work, going to the doctors today to take pills instead."

crash ! March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I began sweating as soon as I started college- probably from the mass amount of stress I'm always under. Any who, this product is amazing. I literally would be sitting in a normal temperature room and sweat would just be streaming from my arm pits down the sides of my body. I started using this and from day 1, absolutely no sweat. Not even at the gym. It does sting a little bit, but as far as I'm concerned, a little bit of stinging far outweighs the low self confidence, paranoia, and constant clamminess of my body. I 100% recommend this product to anyone."

The sweaty university student (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Drysol works very well. If you let your underarms completely dry, either by themselves or with a blow-dryer on low setting, there should be no irritation. If there is any continuous itching or burning, simply watch your armpits and dry them. Use sparingly."

Miss Wine March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Okay: typical story. I would cry because I couldn't wear red, and so on and so forth. Anyway, I'm currently on day three of using this. Night one: it burned and itched a bit but nothing major, and the next day- you guessed it- no sweating. Zip. Zilch. Played ping pong for literally 2 hours and was dry as the Sahara. Night two: I showered and, without thinking, shaved, dried off thoroughly and applied the Drysol. I was shaking. My armpits felt like the fricken sun and I was considering writing my will. Day two: my pits hurt so bad that I couldn't lift my arms. Night three: showered, but definitely didn't shave. Burns unbelievably, and itches like sandpaper, but I believe that's because I basically slaughtered my sweat glands by shaving."

Anonymous #1021 February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Hypercare (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "This stuff is a life changer!! I was prescribed this about 2 years ago and have used it ever since. I would pour sweat under my arms and could be freezing cold..I was determined to find something that helped. I tried all the expensive deodorants at the store and none of them worked..I finally told my Dr and he prescribed me this. Yes it burns and hurts at first but eventually you won't need to apply it but maybe a couple of times a month and never apply it the same day you shave..it doesn't hurt, burn or irritate me at all anymore and still no sweating..don't know what I would do if I could no longer get this"

Prissscar February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "When I was in middle school it is hard if you have hyperhidrosis. Your self confidence is way low and I can NEVER wear shirts without a jacket over it to hide the pit stains. It really did suck. I started using drysol in the sixth grade because of my excessive sweating and it's been helping ever sense. The first week of using it, there is going to be itching but after a few days it should be fine. Do not use it after shaving or don't put too much on and that's what will cause the burning sensation everyone's talking about. Use a small amount, dry it via air or a hair dryer and you should be fine to go to bed. There is no point in using this product every single night. I suggest it!"

DrysolIsALifesaver (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I'm a university student, who suffers from hyperhydrosis. I've had it for a few years, ever since puberty hit. It's always embarressing having sweat stains, always feels like someone is staring. I always keep my arms down once I noticed they are there. Will never even raise my hand in class or reach the top of my locker so I dont raise my arms. No other antiperspirant worked and I'm too young for botox. Certain dry didnt work either. I tried this, went from doing it every other night to once or twice a week. Was itchy at first but now nothing. But I was so happy I could not be embarrassed anymore. I could wear whatever I wanted and buy whatever. Though, I did notice some BO come back, so I used some natural deodorant along with it. Changed my life"

Kat9090 January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Certain Dri (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Excessive Sweat effect us all differently, but thing that stays the same is that everyone with hyperhidrosis usually hates physical activities, social situations, anxiety, and any type of heat that makes us sweat more. Perspiration pretty much controls our lives and forces us to seek other means of hyperhidrosis treatments like the surgery, natural treatments, or a antiperspirant. The problem is that there is so many products and treatments for excessive sweating that its hard to figured out the right one for me. I liked Certain Dri because it gives me many types of products to choose from. It also give me 72 hours of protection with only one application. Make sure that you start with the lowest percentage of aluminium and move up from there"

Amazing Results January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I've had hyperhidrosis for as long as I can remember (5/6 years old my mom noticed first) My problem areas are my hands and feet. 24 now, but growing up and going to school was a total MESS for me. I hated it. The equivelant to that are my job interviews now. I developed social anxiety and anxiety in general. I ruined so many pairs of shoes, and I could never wear sandals or dress cute because my ankles would show my sweat also. Could never get my nails done either ughh. Anywho, I tried Drysol for the FIRST TIME last night. No side effects, although my hands and feet feel a little dry this morning (8am). I normally start sweating for no reason as soon as I wake up.. no sweat just yet. I'll update l8r. Running out of room :)"

AlyyyyyCat (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017