User Reviews for Aluminum chloride hexahydrate

Also known as: B+Drier, Certain Dri, Drysol, Hypercare, Xerac AC

Learn more about Aluminum chloride hexahydrate.

Hyperhidrosis 430 reviews 9 medications

Summary of Aluminum chloride hexahydrate reviews 430 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Aluminum chloride hexahydrate

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I sweat mostly everywhere. Pits aren't the only place. It's my face, chest, back of my thighs, groin area, hands, feet... you get it. I've been like this since puberty n it got a lot worse (of course) after I started working out regularly. I use Drysol mostly on my armpits maybe twice a week n I don't sweat at all. I apply it very lightly n only directly where I actually perspire from (the center of my pit) n then rub it around a little by doing a circular funky chicken-like movement. For everywhere else I only use it maybe once a month, it's effective for a couple of days. For my face (forehead, nose, n very lightly above my upper lip), I use a cotton ball as the applicator dispenses too much at a time. The itchiness is killer tho!!!!!"

Itchy n dry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I've had severe underarm sweating since puberty. It was so embarrassing and got worse with time. I used drysol for the first time yesterday after realizing I truly needed a prescription antiperspirant and WOW! I couldn't be happier. The FIRST DAY I wore a shirt in my most feared color (gray) and had NO sweat all day. I couldn't believe how well it worked! I admit to discomfort upon application but it goes away shortly and is well, well worth it. I'll be a lifetime user. Incredible."

HokieGirl2013 April 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "At first it was like a temporary quick fix. My hands would be dry, but when I got nervous I would feel the tingling sensation in my hands like they always do before they sweat, and they sweat. I put it on every night but it doesn't seem to work, going to the doctors today to take pills instead."

crash ! March 30, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I began sweating as soon as I started college- probably from the mass amount of stress I'm always under. Any who, this product is amazing. I literally would be sitting in a normal temperature room and sweat would just be streaming from my arm pits down the sides of my body. I started using this and from day 1, absolutely no sweat. Not even at the gym. It does sting a little bit, but as far as I'm concerned, a little bit of stinging far outweighs the low self confidence, paranoia, and constant clamminess of my body. I 100% recommend this product to anyone."

The sweaty university student (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Drysol works very well. If you let your underarms completely dry, either by themselves or with a blow-dryer on low setting, there should be no irritation. If there is any continuous itching or burning, simply watch your armpits and dry them. Use sparingly."

Miss Wine March 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Okay: typical story. I would cry because I couldn't wear red, and so on and so forth. Anyway, I'm currently on day three of using this. Night one: it burned and itched a bit but nothing major, and the next day- you guessed it- no sweating. Zip. Zilch. Played ping pong for literally 2 hours and was dry as the Sahara. Night two: I showered and, without thinking, shaved, dried off thoroughly and applied the Drysol. I was shaking. My armpits felt like the fricken sun and I was considering writing my will. Day two: my pits hurt so bad that I couldn't lift my arms. Night three: showered, but definitely didn't shave. Burns unbelievably, and itches like sandpaper, but I believe that's because I basically slaughtered my sweat glands by shaving."

Anonymous #1021 February 28, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hypercare (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "This stuff is a life changer!! I was prescribed this about 2 years ago and have used it ever since. I would pour sweat under my arms and could be freezing cold..I was determined to find something that helped. I tried all the expensive deodorants at the store and none of them worked..I finally told my Dr and he prescribed me this. Yes it burns and hurts at first but eventually you won't need to apply it but maybe a couple of times a month and never apply it the same day you shave..it doesn't hurt, burn or irritate me at all anymore and still no sweating..don't know what I would do if I could no longer get this"

Prissscar February 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "When I was in middle school it is hard if you have hyperhidrosis. Your self confidence is way low and I can NEVER wear shirts without a jacket over it to hide the pit stains. It really did suck. I started using drysol in the sixth grade because of my excessive sweating and it's been helping ever sense. The first week of using it, there is going to be itching but after a few days it should be fine. Do not use it after shaving or don't put too much on and that's what will cause the burning sensation everyone's talking about. Use a small amount, dry it via air or a hair dryer and you should be fine to go to bed. There is no point in using this product every single night. I suggest it!"

DrysolIsALifesaver (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 29, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I'm a university student, who suffers from hyperhydrosis. I've had it for a few years, ever since puberty hit. It's always embarressing having sweat stains, always feels like someone is staring. I always keep my arms down once I noticed they are there. Will never even raise my hand in class or reach the top of my locker so I dont raise my arms. No other antiperspirant worked and I'm too young for botox. Certain dry didnt work either. I tried this, went from doing it every other night to once or twice a week. Was itchy at first but now nothing. But I was so happy I could not be embarrassed anymore. I could wear whatever I wanted and buy whatever. Though, I did notice some BO come back, so I used some natural deodorant along with it. Changed my life"

Kat9090 January 27, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Certain Dri (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Excessive Sweat effect us all differently, but thing that stays the same is that everyone with hyperhidrosis usually hates physical activities, social situations, anxiety, and any type of heat that makes us sweat more. Perspiration pretty much controls our lives and forces us to seek other means of hyperhidrosis treatments like the surgery, natural treatments, or a antiperspirant. The problem is that there is so many products and treatments for excessive sweating that its hard to figured out the right one for me. I liked Certain Dri because it gives me many types of products to choose from. It also give me 72 hours of protection with only one application. Make sure that you start with the lowest percentage of aluminium and move up from there"

Amazing Results January 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I've had hyperhidrosis for as long as I can remember (5/6 years old my mom noticed first) My problem areas are my hands and feet. 24 now, but growing up and going to school was a total MESS for me. I hated it. The equivelant to that are my job interviews now. I developed social anxiety and anxiety in general. I ruined so many pairs of shoes, and I could never wear sandals or dress cute because my ankles would show my sweat also. Could never get my nails done either ughh. Anywho, I tried Drysol for the FIRST TIME last night. No side effects, although my hands and feet feel a little dry this morning (8am). I normally start sweating for no reason as soon as I wake up.. no sweat just yet. I'll update l8r. Running out of room :)"

AlyyyyyCat (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperhidrosis: "I sweat from my armpits real bad not like body odor sweat just seems like pure water (No Odor) and I go through shirt after shirt. When I would go to work I would have to bring 3 or 4 uniform shirts to change into throughout my 8 hour shift. And then I would think about it all day just was a overall pain. I sweat so much it would drain my energy. I tried my prescription of Aluminum Chloride DRYSOL and never had a problem again. Only problem is it burns like a mother. I thought I was suppose to use it every night. Big mistake. I then was told after after the first few nights you can start using it only once a week. Lets just say there is no more sweat and all I need is one shirt for my shift at work. Best prescription for sure a 10 out of 10"

Samuel 5555 January 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I've always sweat a lot, and it's super embarrassing. I couldn't wear light coloured shirts because I'd have giant pit stains, and after a few wears, the shirts would become stained yellow and were basically ruined. It was awful, and I was so self-conscious ALL the time. I've tried every brand of extra strength antiperspirants, and though some work better than others, none worked well enough for me. This works wonders for me. I don't sweat anymore! Something I never thought I'd be able to say. Drysol has been a total life changer for me, and now I'm happy to buy clothing again! I couldn't recommend this product enough. It's wonderful!"

canadianxo January 24, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I get sweaty and I sweat right through that stuff"

hendrixx January 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Such bad sweating/leaking from armpits that thought I would give it a try. No prescrip required in Canada. Picked up the extra strength and used three nights in a row. Stopped my sweating 100 % immed after three nights. Last 2 mths before I had to use it again. I now add an extra night every couple of weeks and no sweat from pits for over a year. Yes, it can itch but remember to dab not smear it on. More doesn't work any better and almost no itch on my 2 week applications due to using less. Short term pain for long term gain"

Dry is all I have to say January 16, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I'm 24 and have sweat through the armpits of my shirts since puberty. Clinical strength/aluminum chloride products don't work. Every time I go clothing shopping, I think "will this show my sweat?" Finally, I told my dermatologist what I had tried already to reduce my underarm sweating, and she prescribed Drysol for me. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. The first day I wore a tight shirt without sweating through it, I almost cried. I am using it every night (not after showering or shaving) with very minimal irritation. To anyone who suffers from hyperhydrosis of the underarms, I say this: thanks to Drysol, I just wore a tight gray long-sleeved shirt to a party. No sweat marks."

Jolie9987 (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Certain Dri (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I have been battling excessive sweat for a long time in my life. I have noticed that many hyperhidrosis treatments have not been working like the should be and have made it very difficult for me say that I found one that actually worked. Some worked for a little while then stopped and others only have a little or no effect, which is one of the things that I noticed with Certain Dri. However, with a little research I found out that hyperhidrosis solutions were not all created equal. For example, Certain Dri has three different types of products, which one of them has 12%,20%, and 25% in each of deodorant. So, when I tried the product, I used one that was too low in the percentage of aluminum, I went with a higher dosage and it works. YAY!!!!"

A true believer December 30, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "This product surely works! As an unlucky student, we wear uniforms. And my condition isn't helping me to boost my self-confidence to make friends or to do the things that a person without Hyperhidrosis can. I've seen a lot of reviews that Drysol can cause itchiness but I don't have this kind of problem so I am very thankful. I don't know why but the product didn't react to me like that. (Maybe I should ask my dermatologist) I am really happy with the result!!"

Akhyn December 26, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "After reading some other misleading reviews, I wanted to write my own. I have dealt with hyperhydrosis my entire life, and it's such a confidence killer. I could never dress nicely in high school because I'd always hear whispers about my underarm sweat stains. I tried certaindry and it worked for about 2 months then stopped. I was crushed. I finally was prescribed drysol, but I wasn't convinced that it would work. I've been using it for about a year now and I'm so shocked that it still works! I noticed that if you wash your underarms thouroughly, and dry them thouroughly the itch isn't as bad as if you were to just apply at the end of the day. The only time it's ever burned is if I over use it, or use it the same day as shaving. Worth a try"

Julezzz (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 23, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "I suffered with hyperhidrosis for over 10 years. I had no idea it was an actual medical condition up until recently. I told my doctor about my issue and he prescribed Drysol. I must say it changed my life..i cried when I went a whole day without sweating!! Please ask your doctor about this if you have excessive sweating!"

Anonymous December 5, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Typical hyperhidrosis story, here. All of my white undershirts have nasty looking yellow/brown stains on the pits and a lot of colored shirts have white stains from sweating so much that over the counter deodorant had stained the pits. I'll admit, I didn't have a ton of hope for drysol, as no deodorant has ever worked for me. This stuff works. I'm amazed. The only problem is that it is excruciatingly itchy. I thought this would only be for the first couple of nights, but nope. Every single night it itches like hell for about 30 minutes. Even before I apply it, there's a slight itch. Occasionally the itching is accompanied by a slight burning sensation, but not always. The stuff works wonders and I'd rate it 10/10 if it wasn't for the itch."

Anonymous December 5, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!! I have been suffering from Hyperhidrosis for almost 10 years when a coworker suggested drysol. And to my surprise it actually worked!! I tried all the over the counter deodorants and they never did the trick but this did. I use about once a week and have no problems. If i do miss a dosage I do notice that the sweating is a little worse but then i just put it on that night and all is good. I would HIGHLY recommend this product!"

MeganG28 November 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "This changed my life. I read reviews before giving this a try and thought "well these people must not sweat as badly as I do." No, these people were all correct. This is like a miracle drug. I used to be able to stand outside in 20 degree Fahrenheit weather in a t-shirt and my armpits would be sweating. Now I can actually dress for the weather and not have to worry! I can wear long sleeves and my down jacket and NO SWEAT."

Amberlyn13 November 23, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Effective but it destroy 7 shirts in the arm pit because its too strong so think twice befor you use that stuff"

Jo6157 November 9, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate) for Hyperhidrosis: "Drysol has seriously changed my life! I have excessive sweating on my scalp and face. No matter where I went, sweat would be pouring down my face like a waterfall. The biggest issue I had with the sweating was at work as I was serving food, and obviously nobody wants to be served by the sweaty girl. Some days I didn't even want to go to class because I my face would be dripping with sweat. I was recommended Drysol by a dermatologist but I was told that it would sting a lot but I was willing to try anything. Let me warn you that it burns like crazy. You will want to wash it off but stay strong, it is worth it. I applied it on my face for 3 nights and my scalp for 2 nights and I am dry as a bone!!! Drysol has forever changed my life."

Skoulis November 9, 2016