Generic Name: phenazopyridine hydrochloride
Dosage Form: tablet
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 22, 2020.
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Active Ingredient (in each tablet)
Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride 95 mg
Urinary tract analgesic
Use Relief from urinary pain, burning, urgency and frequency associated with urinary tract infections.
Please read insert for important precautions.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- kidney disease
- allergies to foods, preservatives or dyes
- had a hypersensitive reaction to Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride
- Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency
- sensitivities to lactose
When using this product
- stomach upset may occur, taking this product with or after meals may reduce stomach upset.
- your urine will become reddish-orange in color. This is not harmful, but care should be taken to avoid staining clothing or other items.
Stop use and ask doctor if
- your symptoms last for more than 2 days
- you suspect you are having an adverse reaction to the medication.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. A pregnancy test and consultation with a health professional if pregnancy is confirmed is recommended prior to use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of an overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Adults and children 12 years and older: Take 2 tablets 3 times daily with or after meals as needed for up to two days. Take with a full glass of water. Do not use for more than 2 days (12 tablets) without consulting a doctor.
- Children under 12: Do not use without consulting a doctor.
- This product can interfere with laboratory tests including urine, glucose (sugar), and ketones tests
- This product may stain soft contact lenses and other items if handled after touching tablets
- Store at room temperature (59-86 degrees F) in a dry place and protect from light.
Tamper evident: Product is dealed within blisters. Do not use if any part of the blister is torn, open or damaged.
Inactive ingredients Lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pharmaceutical glaze, sodium starch glycolate and talc.
2 Solutions for Urinary Tract Health*
Urinary Tract Health
Urinary Pain Relief
- RELIEVES PAIN, BURNING AND URGENCY
- TARGETS THE SOURCE OF PAIN
MOST TRUSED #1 BRAND
95 mg Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride
- HELPS FLUSH TO MAINTAIN URINARY TRACT CLEANLINESS*
- WITH PROBIOTIC
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FDA. THIS IF NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
|AZO Urinary Tract Health
phenazopyridine hydrochloride tablet
|Labeler - i-Health, Inc. (061427694)|
|Contract Pharmacal Corporation||057795122||manufacture(49973-760)|
Frequently asked questions
More about phenazopyridine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 144 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous genitourinary tract agents