PANADOL Extra Strength
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 3, 2019.
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg
Labeler: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC
NDC Code: 0135-0609
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Pain reliever/Fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- muscular aches
- minor arthritis pain
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: A‑cetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains a acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- any new symptoms appear
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours, while symptoms persist or as directed by a doctor
- do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store below 25°C (77°F)
carnauba wax, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, stearic acid
Trademarks are owned by or licensed to the GSK group of companies.
Tamper-Evident Feature: Do not use if printed bottle seal (under cap) is missing or broken.
READ AND KEEP CARTON FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION
GSK Consumer Healthcare, Warren, NJ 07059
©2016 GSK group of companies or its licensor.
acetaminophen tablet, film coated
|Labeler - GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC (079944263)|
More about acetaminophen
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 76 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- FDA Alerts (14)
- Acetaminophen injection
- Acetaminophen rectal
- Acetaminophen Intravenous (Advanced Reading)
- Acetaminophen Oral, Rectal (Advanced Reading)
- ... +9 more