Medically reviewed on November 6, 2017
Dosage form: powder
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg
Labeler: ProMex LLC
NDC Code: 58988-1080
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth Subsalicylate: Each pouch contains 262 mg
Upset Stomach reliever / Antidiarrheal
- upset stomach
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea or vomiting occur, consult a doctor these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye`s Syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are:
- allergic to salicylate (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have
- an ulcer
- bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool.
- mucus in stool.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drugs for:
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in ears or loss of hearing occurs
- if diarrhea lasts more than 2 days.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, seek professional help or contact a poison control center immediately.
Adults & Children 12 yrs or older: Dissolve 2 pouches in 1/2 glass of water. Repeat every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed, to a maximum of 8 doses in a 24-hour period.
- use until diarrhea stops, but not more than 2 days, If symptoms persist, consult a doctor.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration which may accompany diarrhea.
- Children under 12 yrs ask a doctor.
- Avoid excessive heat
- Each pouch contains: sodium 223mg
calcium carbonate, citric acid, magnesium hydroxide, sodium bicarbonate, tartaric acid
bismuth subsalicylate powder
|Labeler - ProMex LLC (789974388)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.