Dosage form: powder
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg
Labeler: ProMex LLC
NDC code: 58988-1080
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 13, 2022.
Bismuth Subsalicylate: Each pouch contains 262 mg
Upset Stomach reliever / Antidiarrheal
- upset stomach
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea or vomiting occur, consult a doctor these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye`s Syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are:
- allergic to salicylate (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have
- an ulcer
- bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool.
- mucus in stool.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drugs for:
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in ears or loss of hearing occurs
- if diarrhea lasts more than 2 days.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, seek professional help or contact a poison control center immediately.
Adults & Children 12 yrs or older: Dissolve 2 pouches in 1/2 glass of water. Repeat every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed, to a maximum of 8 doses in a 24-hour period.
- use until diarrhea stops, but not more than 2 days, If symptoms persist, consult a doctor.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration which may accompany diarrhea.
- Children under 12 yrs ask a doctor.
- Avoid excessive heat
- Each pouch contains: sodium 223mg
calcium carbonate, citric acid, magnesium hydroxide, sodium bicarbonate, tartaric acid
bismuth subsalicylate powder
|Labeler - ProMex LLC (789974388)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.