Severe Congestion and Cold Maximum Strength
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, GUAIFENESIN 200mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC code: 59779-761
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 28, 2022.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- sinus congestion and pressure
- temporarily reduces fever
- temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- liver disease
- heart disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- new symptoms occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- redness or swelling is present
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed
- do not take more than 12 caplets in any 24-hour period
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- children under 12 years : do not use
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- use by expiration date on package
corn starch, crospovidone, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
Compare to the active ingredients in Mucinex®*
Acetaminophen - Pain reliever, Fever reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr - Cough suppressant
Guaifenesin - Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl - Nasal decongestant
Headache, Fever, Nasal
& Chest congestion
Thins & Loosens mucus
For Ages 12+
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser LLC, owner of the registered trademark Mucinex®.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2017 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS V-19849
Money Back Guarantee
|SEVERE CONGESTION AND COLD
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl tablet, film coated
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(59779-761)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(59779-761)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(59779-761)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(59779-761)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(59779-761)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.